How can I check an external gas pipe for a leak?

Bad attitude or bad mood? Different things - yes I am still in a bad mood, and no I don't speak to customers like that, unless it is for their own good. Usually opinionated tenants risking their landlord's property with silly ideas.

If you are not watching the thread, why post in it?

Like I said, your opinion is not valid. You are not qualified to give an opinion on gas leaks. Please refrain from doing so.

Sponsored Links
xr4x4 does have a point. :mrgreen:

If we were to take a standard domestic gas supply with 9 meters of 22mm and a U6/G4 with a 4mb leak over two minutes gas leakage would be around 0.001 m3/hr , quite easily detected on a G4 test dial over an hour , likewise an imperial U6 would show 0.035 cu/ft hour.

Don't shoot the messenger. :LOL: :LOL:

But how many times have you had someone operate an appliance while you're trying to carry out a TT. Now just imagine the scope for it over an hour.

That wasn't the point.

Sponsored Links
That wasn't the point.[/quote]

NO, the point is that nobody should recommend an innapropiate test method

wow. my paranoia seems to have caused a stir on the forums. sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back