How did you feel in the days after you took the Astra Zeneca vaccination?

T

teaboyjim

How did you feel immediately after and in the days following the Astra Zeneca vaccination for those who've had it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Next day felt achey and tired, mild flu if you like. 36 hours after a wee bit ropey in the morning then fine. Dead arm all week.

Next day felt achey and tired, mild flu if you like. 36 hours after a wee bit ropey in the morning then fine. Dead arm all week.
Did you have an accompanying headache as well with the mild flu like symptoms?

During the day after noseall did you have an accompanying headache as well with the mild flu like symptoms?
Not especially, probably because I take paracetamol on a daily basis (back pain etc) and it would have countered the symptoms. I certainly knew when the drugs were wearing off though!

Sponsored Links
I had a bit of a headache and a stiff shoulder for half a day 24 hours after I had it. One of our younger friends (in her 40's) had it the other day and has felt very rough for a few days. My daughter’s fiancé (late 30’s) had it a few days ago and has a rash on his neck. Phfftt, kids!

Had mine at 9.00am and felt ok until about 4.00pm when I started getting a headache, (I never get headaches). By about 5.30pm I was dripping with sweat but freezing. I felt I had an icicle down my spine. Only way to get warm was to get in a very hot shower for around half an hour and then my wife made me go to bed dosed up with paracetamol and Ibuprofen. I then slept solid for 11 hours, ( I usually get by on about 5-6). Next day I felt a bit muggy with a mild headache and the day after I was fine.
Apparently with the second one you either don't get any reaction or it is very mild.

In a phrase, rough as a badgers backside for about 36 hours. Sore arm, headache, fever.

In a phrase, rough as a badgers backside for about 36 hours. Sore arm, headache, fever.
Did you take anything for the headache Eddie?

I felt a bit rough a day later for about half a day for the first jab. The second jab I didn't notice any response but I was on other meds at the time which could have confused matters.

I felt a bit rough a day later for about half a day for the first jab. The second jab I didn't notice any response but I was on other meds at the time which could have confused matters.
Did you have a bad headache ITMinion?

I have read that after effects tend to affect the younger people the worst.

"Our daughter had the AZ vaccine (in the UK) and had a very bad reaction to it, terrible headache, fever, chills, generally felt very ill, but the worst symptoms only lasted a night and a day, just the headache stayed a bit longer. Everyone has a different reaction to vaccines."

"We both had exactly the same, ...., but after a couple of days we were fine. I read somewhere that the AZ jab was more likely to cause a reaction after the 1st dose, but unlikely after the 2nd, whereas the Pfizer jab was more likely to cause a reaction after the 2nd dose. Also that the older you are the less chance of a reaction. My Mum in the UK, who is 83, has had both doses of Pfizer with nothing worse than an aching arm after the 2nd. As you say, everyone is different."

"Our daughter had the AZ vaccine (in the UK) and had a very bad reaction to it, terrible headache, fever, chills, generally felt very ill, but the worst symptoms only lasted a night and a day, just the headache stayed a bit longer. Everyone has a different reaction to vaccines."
Good Bobby that they didn't persist longer than 36 hours

I had flu like symptoms, headache etc , had jab around 11 , and in bed by 7pm , and bad the next day , i'm not 100% sure , i'm back to 100% but .......... not sure
My Partner, She was very bad , Dizzy , sick and lasted 3-4 days
Included in the side effects sheet , 1 in 1000 - so just had to see how the days went

so not looking forward to repeating all that after 2nd jab in May - But hopefully we wont be as bad

Sponsored Links
Back