How did you feel in the days after you took the Astra Zeneca vaccination?

I had flu like symptoms, headache etc , had jab around 11 , and in bed by 7pm , and bad the next day , i'm not 100% i'm still back 100% but .......... not sure
My Partner, She was very bad , Dizzy , sick and lasted 3-4 days so not looking forward to repeating all that after 2nd jab in May - But hopefully we wont be as bad
That seems to be the common pattern with the worst effects being the following day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I got the shivers and felt a bit sweaty at night time. I felt really tired the next day but had committed to putting up a new fence so I cracked on regardless but I must admit, my left arm was a bit dead/achy.
I did feel a little more tired than normal for a few days but that was it. I'm 51 years old

I have read that after effects tend to affect the younger people the worst.

"Our daughter had the AZ vaccine (in the UK) and had a very bad reaction to it, terrible headache, fever, chills, generally felt very ill, but the worst symptoms only lasted a night and a day, just the headache stayed a bit longer. Everyone has a different reaction to vaccines."

"We both had exactly the same, ...., but after a couple of days we were fine. I read somewhere that the AZ jab was more likely to cause a reaction after the 1st dose, but unlikely after the 2nd, whereas the Pfizer jab was more likely to cause a reaction after the 2nd dose. Also that the older you are the less chance of a reaction. My Mum in the UK, who is 83, has had both doses of Pfizer with nothing worse than an aching arm after the 2nd. As you say, everyone is different."

Elderly people are liable to have little to no symptoms for any vaccine as their immune system is much less active, in general, than younger people. It's a truism admittedly, but if you experience symptoms it shows your immune system is mounting a strong response.

Sponsored Links
I had a mild headache and felt a little light headed for 36 hours or so after the jab. I had a sore arm for about 5 days.

My wife had flu like symptoms for around 48 hours and the same sore arm.

Anecdotal evidence is that women suffer more side effects than men, and that the second dose has fewer side effects than the first. This anecdotal evidence came from a friend who is a nurse administering the jabs and from my circle of friends. 9 of us had the jab within a week, 4 men and 5 women. 4 out of the 5 women had flu like symptoms and were rough for 48 hours, the 5th had no side effects. All the men just had a mild headache. All had the sore arm.

None, save for a sore-to-touch arm at the jab site, 2-3 days. No pain, you just knew if you prodded it. As if you had bumped into an edge of something. No bruise though.

Wife and I had ours yesterday at 1pm and we both have had no ill effects at all (yet!). No sore arm, nothing.

Absolutely fine!

Although I had to have a couple of Drs on standby in case of Anaphylaxis...

I just felt a bit off the day after having it. Maybe some joint / muscle ache type things for a couple of days then forgot it. I had a bit of a surprise when I woke up ~ 3weeks later as realised I had been feeling a bit off. Must have been less off than initially.

My wife much the same but feeling off for longer and the aching arm many get after any jab. Hers always last for a week or so. I don't have that problem.

Nobodies immune system reacts any where near immediately. Be interesting to know what the unmodified virus does to chimps. Humans too. I believe it's a dead virus as well but forgot to ask. Flue on the other hand is live.

What is wrong with the Snowflakes on here.

I have spoken to at least 8 people so far, worst symptom slight pain in arm.

What is wrong with the Snowflakes on here.

I have spoken to at least 8 people so far, worst symptom slight pain in arm.

Maybe they are not human

The ChAdOx1 vaccine is a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector. This is a harmless, weakened adenovirus that usually causes the common cold in chimpanzees.

It can't replicate in cells either - in humans.

;) Or maybe due to bad press and expectations

Mass psychogenic illness involves the spread of illness symptoms through a population where there is no infectious agent responsible for contagion.[2] MPI is distinct from other types of collective delusions by involving physical symptoms.[3] According to Balaratnasingam and Janca, "Mass hysteria is to date a poorly understood condition. Little certainty exists regarding its etiology."[4] Qualities of MPI outbreaks often include:[3]

• symptoms that have no plausible organic basis;
  • symptoms that are transient and benign;
  • symptoms with rapid onset and recovery;
  • occurrence in a segregated group;
  • the presence of extraordinary anxiety;
  • symptoms that are spread via sight, sound or oral communication;
  • a spread that moves down the age scale, beginning with older or higher-status people;
  • a preponderance of female participants.

Sponsored Links
Back