How did you feel in the days after you took the Astra Zeneca vaccination?

Had mine yesterday, feel a bit tired, but otherwise OK.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Copious amounts of hand sanitizer were used, I think I may have absorbed a lot through my skin.
Glad to hear you changed your mind. Apparently many of the vaccine hesitant have changed their minds, which is good.

Day 4, back to normal. Had a very painful left lymph node / armpit / side on day 2 and 3, made sleeping painful. Got really tired last 2 days, had to nap at lunchtime and sleep after work. But today woke up feeling like a new man, now practically invincible and fearless!

I got a sticker. Really fancy a pint though.

I have just had my second Pfizer a couple of hours ago, first in the queue post lunchtime. I barely felt it go in - I'll report any after effects, if there are any.

I had a prescription to collect from the local chemists and they offered me a free 'linear' covid test kit, two per week - report if any show positive. SWMBO as been using them for several weeks, given to her by the school she works at.

Last edited:
Yeah, my wife and eldest son have to do 2 tests a week for same reasons. So far all clear. Does look promising, kids have been back in school for 7 weeks now and no signs of any major breakouts - by October half term kids and teachers were already testing positive at the local secondary school (and 3 dads died :( ).

I had my 2nd AZ yesterday. Precisely 12 weeks after the first ;) even to the hour. Like some other people we know I had to chase it up to get an appointment for me and my wife. The chasing up had to be a little firm. Not 12 weeks, all appointments booked so I persisted. Have to admit that our GP has just moved premisses into a new building that isn't even open yet and the previous one has been sold and is empty but others have been told oh there is a cancellation.

;) How do I feel. A little like I drank just a bit too much last night. Much like the first jab but not so much. Maybe some joint inflammation. Not sure but I do have a bit of carpel tunnel type problems with my right thumb. At some angles and pressures it may vibrate all on it's own. Last night my entire forearm did for a while. Never happened before or any signs of that sort of problem. ;) It was a bit worrying but passed. This is still worrying really. I hope it is temporary and down to the jab.

The Biobank are doing a covid antibody survey so did the test last week. I messed the first kit up. The little pipette to take a blood sample. :( Capillary action draws it up, not suction via the bulb on the end. It came up negative but they warn that it might do that if people haven't caught covid just had a vaccination.

Sponsored Links
Back