I have a Texecom Premier Elite 48 panel and want to add the Smartcom CEL-0001 Wifi unit.

Keypad ....eng code ....7 yes ....then scroll down to UDL options , yes scroll down to UDL code ...

Sponsored Links
Really sorry to be making tis such hard work. UDL password is the default, but I still can't connect wintex to the panel, just keeps saying to check settings? Earlier you said, "So when you flashed the panel DID YOU DEFAULT THE PANEL" I don't think I had that option, how is this done please?

Right listen ....connecting by wintex via a lead onto the panel has nothing to do with defaulting the panel ....as before post picture of how you are connecting to the panel ...

really as at default its normally empty and follows the engineers code (not always the case mind).

firstly.

1. how did you flash the panel?
2.did you check the panel had received the new firmware ( menu 4)
3. if the new firmware is in what did you flash from and to?
4.If it didn't flash need to go through the flash procedure.
5. did you default the panel, after a successful flash, thought this was automatically offered on latest firmware, but Texecom do have a video covering this.
6. how you trying to connect using Wintex? picture please
7. if you are using the comport are the panels com ports programmed up?
If yes program one to not used and try to connect wintex.

if your still struggling then maybe you should think about whether you should be tinkering

There are lots of steps all relatively simple and covered in various manuals and videos on the net.

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry for the delay responding on this thread, ultimately I did a restore and set up from scratch as the software upgrade just didn't see to be working as it should. Everything is now working well with the new Smartcom wifi panel and associated alerts to our iPhone as and when triggered. We have a door sensor on the front door and a PIR in the hallway which are programmed for exit entry. Whilst we get alerts by email and on the app if any of the other zones trigger the alarm, we don't if it's triggered due to either of the exit / entry sensors. Is this to be expected?, or can I change a setting somewhere that ensures that we get notified in the same way as other zones if the alarm is triggered from either of these sensors? Many thanks also for your kind help and support so far, best regards, Joe.

e/e is or the entry and should not trigger an alarm.

Why is the contact and the PIR programmed as E/E?

This and our previous system were set in this way and in fact also my work alarms? Perhaps I have not used the right terminology. So when we leave the property there is a delay in the hallway and front door sensor to allow us to leave the property without triggering the alarm. Likewise a corresponding delay when returning to the property to allow us to disarm. If not turned off within the set period of time, the alarm goes off, I thought this was a normal set up? What I am saying is that if the alarm is triggered in any other part of the house, we get notification on our phone apps, but when testing the system for the front door and hallway we don't get a notification if the alarm is set off. This is what I am trying to change. Thanks.

firstly the front door may well be e/e, but the PIR shouldn't be.

however to confirm how it should work I would need to look at how both zones are programmed and whats in the log along with the entry times.

Last edited:
To enable Texecom Connect, enter engineering, press 7, then yes, then yes again, then press 3 and yes, then change arc 1 protocol to Texecom connect and press yes.
Then press menu twice
Then press 7 and yes then yes.
Then press 4 and yes

@BERNARD S BUCHWEITZ not sure how helpful the post you have made is, its incomplete and the thread has moved on since then.

@Scooterboy67 as for the programming, when the entry has started, a guard access zone will do nothing if entered, until expiry of the entry timer. Guard access will do nothing during entry timer.

Guard zone entered during the entry timer is stranger still as this activates a second delay ie no external alarm until this expires.
So need to check that the PIR on the entry route is guard access not guard.

To make the external alarm sound quicker, you can reduce the Entry 1 delay for entry exit 1 and 2nd Entry delay to zero.

that's should straighten that one out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back