I really dont think this is quite what I expected....

htgeng, I did not think that the plastic flue pipe from Atag was sutiable for external use, I had been told that it is not UV resistant, and would need to be painted with a protective paint if it was to be used outside

Sponsored Links
I think the flue extensions use the same terminals as on the plume management kits ie inside the pipe. I can definitely see it on the higher one and presume it is fitted on the lower.

ollski said:
I think the flue extensions use the same terminals as on the plume management kits ie inside the pipe.
Not what GW show in their flueing guide, which I provided a link to earlier. Anyway the OP has been asked to check this a couple of times but hasn't done so - yet (daglesj!).

ollski said:
I think the flue extensions use the same terminals as on the plume management kits ie inside the pipe. I can definitely see it on the higher one and presume it is fitted on the lower.

Definately no terminal unless they have fitted the wrong one.

The terminal sticks out past the end of the pipe, you would see it if fitted.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
ollski said:
I think the flue extensions use the same terminals as on the plume management kits ie inside the pipe.
Not what GW show in their flueing guide, which I provided a link to earlier. Anyway the OP has been asked to check this a couple of times but hasn't done so - yet (daglesj!).

Blimey its called Sunday morning, girlfriend opening birthday pressies etc. etc.
;) ;)

At least on this day I have something a little more on my mind than pipes.

Ok, here are some more pics.....

From the gas main-

Up the wall and along-

acros the wall-

and in-

close up of an existing overflow that they extended over the left for some reason (all the other flats versions of these are full of cobwebs)-

the flue ends-

the water drain for the boiler goes under the bath-

and into the bath waste pipe-

Thats about it. Nothing else has fallen off, burst or blown up since last night.

How hard could it have been to have put those flue ends the same way round!?

billy bob said:
htgeng, I did not think that the plastic flue pipe from Atag was sutiable for external use, I had been told that it is not UV resistant, and would need to be painted with a protective paint if it was to be used outside

I've been using the plastic pipe system since Atag started up their office in the UK. Their technical guy hasn't mentioned it to me before. If thats the case I will just have the owners paint it. I think they were going to do that anyway.

ChrisR said:
How hard could it have been to have put those flue ends the same way round!?

Interesting to note they are not the standard ends :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, daglesj. Now I can go out!

The PRV and condensate discharges look OK, but does anyone know what that white fitting with compression connections is in the penultimate pic? A non-return valve perhaps? Is that appropriate or even necessary?

Also ollski was right about the terminals! But they're still the wrong way round (flue under the air intake) and not 120mm apart vertically. Perhaps the projection of the lower flue outlet compensates for that.

They are the ends they use on the plume managment kits, perhaps they have changed design or perhaps they are the ends supplied with extensions...not that it matters. Basically it is a very untidy installation with a possible poor flue seal.

Just wonder if that gas pipeline can support the 30cxi? Can you measure the rough length of the gas pipe and count how many bends there are!

htgeng said:
Just wonder if that gas pipeline can support the 30cxi? Can you measure the rough length of the gas pipe and count how many bends there are!

Guesstimate length at around 40'+ with 6 bends.

daglesj said:
htgeng said:

Guesstimate length at around 40'+ with 6 bends.

What size is the pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back