I really dont think this is quite what I expected....

2 things you need to know about BG....1- run for shareholders££££ 2- their fitters couldn`t fit a French Letter.....end of :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well now its time for an evening update.

GF just called me into the bathroom. The shower is leaking cold water down the wall from the mixer. Seems to be down the wall and into the bath rather than anywhere else but if its seeping into the wall....god only knows. Was taking the GF out for her birthday meal tonight, not really in the mood now.

My life just gets better. :rolleyes: :evil:

Daglesj, I know you've got a lot going on with this, but you've neglected a few points.

1. You were supposed to post some pics of the condensate termination and other outside pipework. We might as well do the job properly...

2. I asked if you would put your email address in your profile, in case anyone wishes to contact you about this. You haven't... (as bad as Liam?).

3. It's been suggested a few times that this abortion of an installation should be publicised more widely. Links to this thread are probably wending their way around already, but we could be more systematic about it. Would you object to this thread being brought to the attention of the media?

thats a right bodge job. had a combi installed in my house a few weeks ago by a small private company. very professional and tidy. very little damage to house, considering that it was goin in a cupboard in the middle of the house (upstairs) and none of the pipes were near it. only have a short length of gas pipe downstairs that is now boxed in. place was throughly cleaned before they left aswell.

makes you wonder how people can install combi's like in the pics. they definatly wouldnt have anything like that in their house, so why do it in someone else's house

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Daglesj, I know you've got a lot going on with this, but you've neglected a few points.

1. You were supposed to post some pics of the condensate termination and other outside pipework. We might as well do the job properly...

2. I asked if you would put your email address in your profile, in case anyone wishes to contact you about this. You haven't... (as bad as Liam?).

3. It's been suggested a few times that this abortion of an installation should be publicised more widely. Links to this thread are probably wending their way around already, but we could be more systematic about it. Would you object to this thread being brought to the attention of the media?

Ok, no probs. First of all...whats the condensate termination? Then I'll post a pic of it. :) I'll take a pic outside too if I get the chance (birthday weekend and all).

email - just so it doesnt get harvested - daglesj at hotmail.com ;)

I certainly dont mind folks that could help or bring pressure to just get this sorted in a quick and professional way so I can get on with life.

Thanks folks.

daglesj said:
..whats the condensate termination? Then I'll post a pic of it.
As I said before, it's the white plastic pipe that runs from below the boiler and appears to pass through the wall lower down. Then where does it go?

Also the PRV discharge pipe (15mm) which runs along with the condensate pipe initially and then joins a larger copper pipe (22mm) and disappears into the floor. This should eventually discharge externally like an overflow pipe. Can you find it?

I would still like the size, and length of the gas pipe, plus any bends and other appliances, because it looks like 15mm running along the wall.

chrishutt said:
daglesj said:
..whats the condensate termination? Then I'll post a pic of it.
As I said before, it's the white plastic pipe that runs from below the boiler and appears to pass through the wall lower down. Then where does it go?

Also the PRV discharge pipe (15mm) which runs along with the condensate pipe initially and then joins a larger copper pipe (22mm) and disappears into the floor. This should eventually discharge externally like an overflow pipe. Can you find it?

this is the last of his worrys. and to be honest it seems thats people are getting carried away with this job. its bad by all means but i doubt you'll find fault with everything

seems like a flue problem and flue problem only, i bet the installers were just as annoyed as the OP as having to run it all that way.

im not excusing them but its prob just a lack of knowledge about HE flues or flues in general thats escalated this problem.

it seems the only thing worse than the fluing on this job is the after service from the people who provided it.

personally id give them a final letter stating that if nothings done withing such a time that you'll no other option than to get an independant firm in to resolve the problems and make safe and make good their work resulting in no further payment to the company, and then poss compensation claims due to stress, time off work and of course risk to health

The pics of the boiler itself look as though it is well fitted even routing the PRV to the side of the french doors. I would guess the condensate is terminated internally in the bathroom. It looks as though the BG guy has said to his apprentice you do the flue and I will do the boiler. I would make trading standards aware of the situation because they can help you when you tell them your not going to pay the full £ 5100.

Also where are the terminals???????

rob884 said:
its prob just a lack of knowledge about HE flues or flues in general thats escalated this problem.
Just? But knowledge of flues is absolutely central to gas safety. No excuses whatsoever for that. Twin pipe systems are inherently more dangerous since a flue pipe leak could mean CO in the bedroom (in this case) rather than just being sucked back into boiler via air duct as with concentric systems.

hteng said:
Twin flues are expensive!
Not for Keston boilers. They use standard 50mm MUPVC waste pipe. I reckon £25 would have covered your flueing materials. Did you consider a Keston?

Your pics look OK but what's to stop the offset around the eaves from swiveling out of vertical and maybe ending up pointing towards the window? (Keston flues are solvent welded so can't swivel.)

OP, how much have BG paid you not to put this on News at 10?

WHY was it not on News at 10?

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but if it hasn't already been said.

Your confidence in BG should have failed you right away, you therefore want an independent suitably qualified party to rectify the situation at BG's expense and you want your decorating put right.

As said you either want a BBU or a Keston or a boiler in the kitchen.

This should be made itno a poster and polastered on the walls of John Presot's house.

energy efficiency. ahhh. you stress out so much about jobs and regs , you die early , therefore saving energy. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back