I really dont think this is quite what I expected....

fitz1 said:
unless its her property and shes paying , signature i think aint worth a tap.

Nope, my property and I'm paying. Could be anyones signature.

Sponsored Links
daglesj said:
Ahhh just checked the paperwork.

I have a Commisioning/Completion Report in the file that the girlfiend signed ( I was at work).

Is this it? Doesnt look anything special. I got a more impressive certificate when I had double glazing installed.

Have to say I never sign those thing or if I do I put "not tested to my satisfaction yet!" on them.

If they have signed it off, then you have them by the short and curlies.

Take no prisoners, the installation is dangerous, possibly life threatening.

write down everything that you feel is wrong and missold ready for your next contact.

micky p said:
can someone give me alink for the part L regs for working out your points to see if you can put a non condensing boiler in.

The link has already been posted - one of mine.

Sponsored Links
micky p said:
off the topic a little but can someone give me alink for the part L regs for working out your points to see if you can put a non condensing boiler in. I found the web site once but i can't find it again.

Chrishutt and doitall posted a link on page 1 & 2 :LOL:

doitall said:
Chrishutt and doitall posted a link on page 2 or 3 :LOL:
You posted the wrong link, DIA! :cool:

Bloody fast moving tonight, isn't it?

chrishutt said:
doitall said:
Chrishutt and doitall posted a link on page 2 or 3 :LOL:
You posted the wrong link, DIA! :cool:

b****y fast moving tonight, isn't it?

But I correct it ages ago :LOL: and the the quote above as well :LOL:

Can't beat a good thread ;)

doitall said:
micky p said:
off the topic a little but can someone give me alink for the part L regs for working out your points to see if you can put a non condensing boiler in. I found the web site once but i can't find it again.

Chrishutt and doitall posted a link on page 1 & 2 :LOL:
:oops:

not sure how i missed it cheers

kevplumb said:
more than he is chris :D :D :D :D :D

Evening Marra nice of you to join us :LOL:

Doctor told me not to get excited, the blood pressure is already 165/122 :eek:

doitall said:
But I just checked your link on page 1 and its something about oil boilers! :rolleyes:

can't believe the installation of this system, besides 'appearing' to be immediately dangerous because of the flueing/intake arrangement it is so unsightly it begs belief. At college my tutor said if you wouldn't have it in your own home then don't expect others to. That flue is extremely unsafe on several points that have already been mentioned, its also allowing the condensate products to gather in the flue length because of the obvious dip in the pipe run. Also looking at the pics it seems the condensate pipework runs in a different direction and goes through the wall at what looks like about 300mm from the floor so surely it must be unsightly on the other side of the wall and where does it terminate ? and what does it drain into ? Can't bloody believe it ! i feel sorry for you mate its a disgrace. When i did my acs recently, i was shown pictures of such installations and asked to pick out the faults. You should definately NOT leave that system running whilst you are sleeping !! and i say that only if you have to use the system at all !! otherwise leave it switched OFF. You need to take as many pictures of the whole job and after they have put it right ( if they ever do or could ) then try for compensation. It seems you have found 1 good use for the flue pipe though, hanging clothes from it, that's all its fit for! Contact Corgi, your life and your famalies lives could be at risk and its DISGRACEFUL !

chrishutt said:
doitall said:
But I just checked your link on page 1 and its something about oil boilers! :rolleyes:

Appendix A at the bottom, still not the one I intended though :oops:

We got yours anyway. :mrgreen:

Daglesj, It's quite possible that some one might want to contact you privately about this matter. Could you put your email in your profile (like most of us have done) so that you are contactable?

I think you should not ask BG to rectify things at this stage. I think you may have good grounds for claiming substantial damages from them, given the whole series of incompetent actions on their part, starting with them wrongly advising you on the options for replacement of the old boiler and ending with them commissioning a system that is At Risk or Immediately Dangerous (AR and ID being classifications used in our industry).

You need to have the BG installation removed, an alternative installed and all the damage made good. Then there is the matter of the distress suffered and the risk of CO poisoning imposed on you. You will naturally not wish BG to be involved in this remedial work (you've suffered enough!). I suggest discussing the matter with a solicitor as soon as possible to establish the best way to proceed.

There is also the question of publicity. Many of us would like to see BG named and shamed over this. They like to portray themselves as superior to us independents, and many members of the public still have that expectation of them. They need to know the truth. You could do a lot of good in that direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back