I went to Spain this week and despite what the anti-Brexit scaremongers on here said……

Its swings and roundabouts.
Trouble is the roundsbout is spaghetti junction and the swings are the local play area. Its undeniable that the economic downside of brexhit outweigh the “benefits”

Blup

Sponsored Links
Trouble is the roundsbout is spaghetti junction and the swings are the local play area. Its undeniable that the economic downside of brexhit outweigh the “benefits”

Blup
Coo that was deep. I had to read it a couple of times, and give it some thought to appreciate its full effect. ;)

You went to spain, for four or five days, two of which you were travelling?
1694215439764.png

1694215503470.png

Did your euros run out so quickly?
No wonder you were so grumpy.

Sponsored Links
I wasn’t held up by the Spanish border control/passport staff.
I didn’t need a EHIC card because that had been replaced with a GHIC card
I enjoyed free roaming on my mobile.
It I’d been driving, I wouldn't need an international driving permit
I wouldn’t need a green card for my insurance
:unsure: Have I missed anything out?

Oh, and on my return to Gatwick, no huge queues.
View attachment 313382
I drove through London the other day and there wasnt a single just stop oil protestor glued to tne road, it doesn't mean global warning has gone away. Exporting goods is much more expensive and bureaucratic since brexhit.

Blup

I drove through London the other day and there wasnt a single just stop oil protestor glued to tne road, it doesn't mean global warning has gone away.
We’re people telling you not to drive through London after Brexit because you would be held up by stop oil protesters then?

No, but plenty were saying dont drive through london because of the environment, its going to be difficult. Khan for example, and his environmentally aware predecessor Borris. Both were voted in democratically.

Blup

No, but plenty were saying dont drive through london because of the environment, its going to be difficult. Khan for example, and his environmentally aware predecessor Borris. Both were voted in democratically.

Blup
Ah, well, perhaps it was a bit off-topic then in a Spain/Brexit thread. Maybe you should start a 'I travelled through London….' thread then? I promise I won’t mention Spain or Brexit in that thread because that would be irrelevant. (y)

Ah, well, perhaps it was a bit off-topic then in a Spain/Brexit thread. Maybe you should start a 'I travelled through London….' thread then? I promise I won’t mention Spain or Brexit in that thread because that would be irrelevant. (y)
Brexhit creeps into pretty much every thread on GD. So off topic is a relative thing.

Blup

No
I drove through London the other day and there wasnt a single just stop oil protestor glued to tne road, it doesn't mean global warning has gone away. Exporting goods is much more expensive and bureaucratic since brexhit.

Blup
Not for me 20% cheaper

We went earlier in the year and no difference to pre Brexit.

Still good value for money.

May i add i know of many people who have way exceeded their 3month stay without any repercussions.

May i add i know of many people who have way exceeded their 3month stay without any repercussions.
Until they leave the EU country and their passport stamp is checked for the date of entry.
Or they were in the EU country prior to 2020 and have not yet left and returned.
When those scenarios are encountered there will be problems for them.
It might be as minor as they are refused entry. Orf they could find themselves in trouble with entry requirements.

You could receive a fine, immediate deportation or even get banned from entering the Schengen Area for a period. It is also important to remember that the 90/180 day rule also applies to countries with a visa waiver agreement with the Schengen Area.

If they are refused entry, their holiday costs will be lost, and if they have property in that EU country, they'll have to handle any transations remotely.

Sponsored Links
Back