Ideal Logic Combi 35+ Hive Install Help

Usually for a twin zone installation, each zone has a separate programmable room thermostat, that allows each zone to have separate time and temperature control, so there isn't a separate timeswitch on the boiler, and you didn't mention the boiler timeswitch before or tell us what type of room thermostats were fitted.

It would appear that the old thermostats just provided temperature control. So, you will probably find that the boiler timeswitch should now be set to be permanently 'on' 24/7. And then the Hives will take care of both the time and temperature control.

Sponsored Links
@stem thank you turning the manual heating controller to permament on have sorted the problem and Hive now controls time and temp. Thanks again

Good glad to hear that it's sorted. And my apologies; although the information given was correct, I've since realised that it's not your installation that has two zones, that was the installation described by MarkT1967, who had hi-jacked your original post.

Goes to highlight one of the reasons for the Forum Rule No.6

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have a combi logic boiler with 2 off (two zones, lounge and rest of house) honeywell cm707 controllers and I want to convert to hive, I'm assuming it's pretty much straight forward if not similar to the original thread from Szemko. Question is the cables that are connected to the honeywell controllers do i just link them out and push back into the cavity?

Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
The cables that are connected to the Honeywell controllers do I just link them out and push back into the cavity?
You don't link them out, you completely disconnect them, and then run new wires from where the thermostat cables originated from to the new Hive receivers, plus a new 230V mains supply [CM707's are battery operated]

Ideally unused cables should be removed, but this isn't always possible. Once they cables are completely disconnected at both ends, you can push them back into the cavity

Thanks for the reply. To be clear I was going to run a 5c flex 1.5mm from the hive box to the boiler (see attached photo) LN + E and use the black and grey cables from the hive until and put them into 1 and 2 on my photo,I’m assuming the current wires connected need to be disconnected?

many Thanks

Attachments

• A59B0481-A5A5-4D7C-86DB-4884B2C01199.jpeg
    A59B0481-A5A5-4D7C-86DB-4884B2C01199.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 146
As per your other thread. With a multizone system there are usually motorised valves controlling the two zones and the Hives open and close the motorised valves, so they are not connected to the boiler. It's the motorised valves that control the boiler, so in a multizone system the wiring at the boiler doesn't change when Hive is installed. I suggest going forward, that you add any further posts to your other thread, and not this one. Having two threads going on the same topic can get very confusing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back