ideas/inventions

Oh god help me, I'm being ignored by a dhead. :LOL: :LOL:

Who seems to think that a theorem is an invention.....

Sponsored Links
I think it was Walkers Crisps that had suggested to the general public for ideas for a new flavour to their crisps...maybe you missed that? There was an extensive advertising campaign?

Feel free to (in otherwords: please do) PM me your mathematical theory. I'd quite like a look at it and know of somebody (head of a department) at my Uni who may be interested/willing to take a look at it. ;)

Where's dex when you want him?

Are you saying you really don't know where Dex is ?

I would have thought that proving the idea was that of the original author/inventor is all that's needed. So, sending by post a copy of the information and then have it secured unopened will mean that if someone else tries to patent it, it can be contested. I think.

Sponsored Links
wreckedit said:
I would have thought that proving the idea was that of the original author/inventor is all that's needed.

But it's not so easy because anybody can come along and say "That was my idea!" :eek: :eek: :eek: It's not unknown for ideas to be stolen. (It's now generally accepted that Leibniz invented calculus but Newton claimed the credit. :evil: :evil: :evil: )

If you're working in a research lab - or even in your own kitchen - it'S VERY IMPORTANT to keep a lab book and record all your ideas in it. In the event of a dispute, the original lab notes are the only admissible evidence.

EngStudent said:
Feel free to (in otherwords: please do) PM me your mathematical theory.

That's a good idea. To make a useful contribution to mathematics you need to be working towards PhD level or higher and, as you said, you're not a mathematician. :) :) :)

ok, scrub the idea of a new crisp flavour.... but the idea of putting a bag of salt in.... how would that work?

Like this probably...

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

imamartian said:
.... but the idea of putting a bag of salt in....

... goes right back to the earliest days of crisps. In the fifties, before the first flavoured crisps were invented, you got a little blue bag of salt in your crisp packet; not a plastic sachet like the one in ellal's photo but a little piece of blue, waxed paper screwed into a ball. :) :) :)

If you've ever wondered why salted crisps are called "Ready Salted" instead of just "Salted" or "Plain" or even "Potato Flavour", that's why.

But it's not so easy because anybody can come along and say "That was my idea!" It's not unknown for ideas to be stolen. (It's now generally accepted that Leibniz invented calculus but Newton claimed the credit. )

Quite true, like Alexander Graham Bell

But it's not so easy because anybody can come along and say "That was my idea!" - it'S VERY IMPORTANT to keep a lab book and record all your ideas in it. In the event of a dispute, the original lab notes are the only admissible evidence.

I also believe that it's a good idea to post via recorded delivery all these notes to yourself and leave the envelopes sealed with the stamp across the flap to aid in any potential future dispute, a lot cheaper than a patent too.

Decades ago, I built a voltmeter around a bargraph generator chip (LM3914 I think) and eight LEDs of different colours. icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif A small-time money grubber was very impressed and started talking patents so I looked into it myself.

You can patent anything that's (a) new, (b) not obvious and (c) not published. That last one turned out to be crucial. I searched the electronic projects index at the library (no internet in those days)

I used to spend hours in the reference section in the city library decades ago too Space cat, maybe bumped into you once or twice!!!
used to frequent gosforth library too

Matt

Oh god help me, I'm being ignored by a dhead. :LOL: :LOL:

Who seems to think that a theorem is an invention.....

i never said a theorem is an invention.... you're a sad troublemaker and one of the 'untouchables'!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let's hear your new theorem then....have you managed to work out the thirteen times table or what? :LOL:

lets try this ignore thing.... ask me again what my invention is,,,, while i put you on ignore ! :rolleyes:

why is it you try and come across as a sane man and your posts prove that you are a sad inane one....

if you had a life with your family you would not be here....

but hey ho.....

i was asking him to ask me what my invention is.... we'd already discussed my theorem !!!

What i don't get is why you seem fixated with me.... are you in love with me or something?!!! i try to use this forum as it's designed... whereas you and the other 'untouchables' just trawl around abusing people, and waiting for them to make a small mistake (idea/invention?) and pounce filling the erctile tissue that is your ego.

I notice my thread which quoted Sooey saying that forum rules don't apply in GD soon found it's way to the bin..... did the gaffer pull you up on that sooey? ;)

i was asking him to ask me what my invention is.... we'd already discussed my theorem !!!

What i don't get is why you seem fixated with me.... are you in love with me or something?!!! i try to use this forum as it's designed... whereas you and the other 'untouchables' just trawl around abusing people, and waiting for them to make a small mistake (idea/invention?) and pounce filling the erctile tissue that is your ego.

I notice my thread which quoted Sooey saying that forum rules don't apply in GD soon found it's way to the bin..... did the gaffer pull you up on that sooey?

Why don't you just change your username to imanidiot? It would save new members the 5 minutes of reading your posts before finding out.

Sponsored Links
Back