If lockdown is being reimposed because of rises in infections...

Why does benny keep posting on this thread?

He can't keep away

He's obsessed.

Sponsored Links
strangely , watching delinquents invent their own news is less depressing and far more entertaining than the real news.
whats your excuse - other than sad bloke!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Trust me, they're already begging tradespeople to come into their homes.(y)
correct . up to my neck in it. people couldn’t give a monkeys if i have covid hiv or rabies.
mandatory vaccinations ? yaaaaawn again.

I had to stop my mum taking on a decorator this week to paint and paper her bedroom and lounge. At over 80 years old, she'd been isolating for the last 3 months and was prepared to have any old Tom, Dick or Filly coming in and out of her house for the next couple of weeks.

people couldn’t give a monkeys

Too right...
Reckon if I'd a face like this...
upload_2020-7-2_22-23-19.jpeg

I'd still get through the door.

For people who still have open minds about vaccines, it's true that some are riskier than others. Adverse reactions do happen, either because of existing co-morbidities or just dumb luck.

That being said, it's worth noting how often they occur and how serious they are, as well as the reduction of risk over a dangerous disease.

Take Measles, a disease that is 5 -10 times more infectious than Covid-19. It's so infectious it tends to burn itself out. You get outbreaks that everyone who lacks immunity catches (with the expected deaths and life altering damage), then it goes away for a few years until until a carrier infects a batch of people who lack immunity (typically children). However it also kills roughly 2 per thousand people who get it.

Now the vaccines can have side effects, some of them serious. The WHO has a nice summary but there are fatal or life altering conditions that do crop up. They're roughly in the 10 per million range. Which means it's roughly 100 times more dangerous to not have the MMR than to have it, even ignoring Mumps and Rubella.

If there were a new version of measles then it'd sweep the country and kill 120,000 or so. Or you could (assuming the mythical vaccine existed for this mythical Measles 2 disease) vaccinate and kill roughly 1,200.

The bit that really annoys me is that most of the antivaxxers would be really low risk, but by refusing vaccines they risk the deaths of people who can't have them. It's the same situation with people complaining about BLM and Covid-19, people risking others lives because they think the risk is worth it.

Except one is protesting about institutional racism and the others don't want to pollute their chakras or anger sky faries.

[/rant]

im not an ‘anti-vaccer’ . as parents we were quite willing for the kids to have seperate injections at reasonable intervals and even pay . the refusal tells me it’s not that important.
Fun facts, the measles vaccines have the same risks as MMR for side effects. Having the separately doesn't reduce the risks as far as anyone knows. If anything it's three times the injections so more risky.

You can get separate vaccines if you look for them, just not on the NHS.

The NHS don't offer the separate vaccines because they're less effective in practice as well as three times more expensive to administer. It's too easy to miss the boosters.

And anyone who complains about "reasonable separation" is an antivaxxer, in the same way that someone who goes to mass every week is a Catholic.

Fun facts, the measles vaccines have the same risks as MMR for side effects.

You can get separate vaccines if you look for them, just not on the NHS.

The NHS don't offer the separate vaccines because they're less effective in practice as well as three times more expensive to administer. It's too easy to miss the boosters.
like i said , we were prepared to pay privately if need be. they told us nobody is willing to do it any more.

like i said , we were prepared to pay privately if need be. they told us nobody is willing to do it any more.
I found a list of UK doctors who'll do them in 2 minutes. The idiots who run the linked site are a danger to themselves and others but if it's a choice between a) no vaccine and b) the least effective way of having a measles vaccine I choose b. PS don't forget Mumps and Rubella, both quite nasty.

http://www.jabs.org.uk/single-vaccines.html

I found a list of UK doctors who'll do them in 2 minutes. The idiots who run the linked site are a danger to themselves and others but if it's a choice between a) no vaccine and b) the least effective way of having a measles vaccine I choose b. PS don't forget Mumps and Rubella, both quite nasty.

http://www.jabs.org.uk/single-vaccines.html
thanks for your professional advice . I choose A . end of lecture (y)

Sponsored Links
Back