Immigrants/Racism

empip said:
Just thought ... Air on a 'G' String (cigar associated) ... that promoted thoughts of 'That Condor effect'(tobacco), which quite sensibly lead to thoughts of this thread gaining That Kendor effect ...

Got news for you, it was Hamlet (happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.) A condor is a large bird, I don't think you can smoke them. :)

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
empip said:
Just thought ... Air on a 'G' String (cigar associated) ... that promoted thoughts of 'That Condor effect'(tobacco), which quite sensibly lead to thoughts of this thread gaining That Kendor effect ...

Got news for you, it was Hamlet (happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.) A condor is a large bird, I don't think you can smoke them. :)

Um.. 'Air on a 'G' String (cigar associated)' As you say Hamlet cigars

Um ..
Condor Mild - from the House of Condor and classed as Britain's number one selling pipe tobacco. Condor Mild is a blend of fine tobaccos producing a cool, slow-burning and satisfying smoke.
mmmm .. My Condor was pipe tobacco.. You could smoke that if you preferred.
Peter you must concentrate..
:D :D

i think he is saying your GAY joe and would catch aids of them africans as i cant imagine how else you would be dead in x amount of years

unless kendor has something lined up for you ? :eek:

f*** them alll i am a bigot if it means i am against islam then so be it got to do me bit for humanity

cant say i think i am a racist thought even though its still a pak* shop to me

empip said:
mmmm .. My Condor was pipe tobacco.. You could smoke that if you preferred.

I know, I know, I was taking the p**s, although imho smoking condor pipe tobacco would be marginally worse than smoking the feathered variety.

Sponsored Links
The idea that those suffering a condition as nasty as AIDS, thus carrying the HIV infection, should be allowed into the country is ridiculous. It should not matter what the persons financial or social conditions are, what their nationality is or what their ethnic origins are, people carrying communicable diseases should not be allowed to enter the country.

I have sympathy for these people and their families, but the Western World would be better exspending it's efforts helping these people where they live and helping to educate the communities to reduce the spread of the disease.

From what I have seen here some people are making comments about the subject without considering the big picture, I am not critising these people per se, we can all be guilty of this as it is so easy to do. I do think that we should all cnsider the subject in it's true light prior to making posts about it, even if we are simply attempting to get a point across.

If you wish to deal with the immigration issue for the UK, then the application of some easy security measures would help, coupled to a tightening of the restrictions placed on those who come here as students and holidays.

East Europeans are a good current example of this, with the expansion of the EC to the east, this has been made difficult, but there are powers within the laws of the UK to deter visitors from overstaying visits.

The EC should supppt the UK more in dealing with the immigration issue, as it is a subject that effects all of the European Continent. Whilst many from Africa and Asia come to the UK, this is not their sole destination, equal numbers settle in France, Germany, the Low countries and Denmark. Laws exist to ensure that immigrants settle in the first nation they land in, but many are happy to see them continue to travel onward to their neighbours. Strengthening the laws, imposing severe restictions on onward travel and taking stern action against those who traffic humans and illegally enter all nations is the only way to make inroads into the problem.

I know that many white British people, from conversations I have with friends and colleagues at least, do not consider what many from the ethnic communities of the UK think on this issue, and many are very surprised to learn that many of us think exactly the same as other British people on this sensitive subject, this is not, and should not, be a race issue, but a practical and sensible issue for all from all communities to address equally and in a united manner.

kendor said:
How would you know what i do with my money? i have contributed to charity in the past but of recent times i've found action is better as i'm not at all sure that the majority of contributions actually go to the cause. therefore i help in my community with the elderly. what do you do sport!

I only support one charity. This one:

http://www.wateraid.org.uk

I believe in supporting people in their own countries. I don't belive we can fit all the needy into Britain.

joe

kendor said:
if it meant idiots like you were not in the country anymore then it would be worth it!

I just love it when you get abusive. It tells the whole world you are losing the argument.

joe

petewood said:
Racism is prejudice or discrimination based on race. Why did you think I don't know what it is? I can say it's not rare because there are a lot of racist people.

How do you know they are racist? What form does this discrimination take? Many people don't like Muslims because they bomb people - but what race is Muslim? I don't like fat people because they take up all the seating room in the theatre and on the bus. Am I racist toward the race of fat?

You clearly have no idea what racism means. Do us all a favour and do a Google on the subject.

joe

I am amazed, in amongst all the crap that some people wre posting here, you all seem to have missed or chose to ignore Mustapha's post.....have any of you read it...That is what I call an intelligent post. I can't say I agree with all of it, but I see where your going Mustapha.

johnny_t said:
joe-90 said:
If you brought all of Africa's aids victims over to the UK - you would be dead in a few years.

Oh go on then, if no-one else is going to ask - Why's that then ??

It costs around a thousand pounds a week to keep an aids sufferer in medical and housing etc. Multiply £1000 by 25 million people - and tell me where that money is coming from week in week out? You would starve. We all would.

When ideology meets reality - reality wins every time.

joe

Big_Spark said:
I am amazed, in amongst all the rubbish that some people wre posting here, you all seem to have missed or chose to ignore Mustapha's post.....have any of you read it...That is what I call an intelligent post. I can't say I agree with all of it, but I see where your going Mustapha.

Do you know that an asylum seeker with aids cannot be sent back to where he came from even if his application fails? It's against human rights legislation. We have to keep them and treat them for ever.

joe

joe-90 said:
Big_Spark said:
I am amazed, in amongst all the rubbish that some people wre posting here, you all seem to have missed or chose to ignore Mustapha's post.....have any of you read it...That is what I call an intelligent post. I can't say I agree with all of it, but I see where your going Mustapha.

Do you know that an asylum seeker with aids cannot be sent back to where he came from even if his application fails? It's against human rights legislation. We have to keep them and treat them for ever.

joe

Joe, why are you attacking me..I clearly said that I do not agree with all of it...

Anyway, this is what Wikipedia has to say about Racism.

Racism refers to the beliefs and practices that assume inherent and significant differences exist between the genetics of various groups of human beings; that assume these differences can be measured on a scale of "superior" to "inferior"; and that result in the social, political and economic advantage of one group in relation to others.

In general, a racist practices the separation of groups according to race, and considers one's own race the most valuable and others less valuable. The belief that the character and abilities of individuals are correlated with their race is not necessarily racism, since this can be asserted without implying an inequality in value. The application of this belief in dealing with members of that race, especially with little regard for variations within "races", is known as racial prejudice. Granting or withholding rights or privileges based on race or refusing to associate with persons based on race is racial discrimination.

Racism has historically been defined as the belief that race is the primary determinant of human capacities, that a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others, and/or that individuals should be treated differently according to their racial designation. Sometimes racism means beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race. There is a growing, but somewhat controversial, opinion that racism is a system of oppression -- a nexus of racist beliefs, whether explicit, tacit or unconscious; practices; organizations and institutions that combine to discriminate against and societally marginalize a class of people who share a common racial designation, based on that designation.

Some believe that the term also is often used incorrectly by supporters of cultural relativism and political correctness to stigmatise their adversaries due to the association between racism and extreme violence in parts of the twentieth century.

Since the last quarter of the 20th century, there have been few in developed nations who describe themselves as racist, so that identification of a group or person as racist is nearly always controversial. Racism is regarded by many as an affront to basic human dignity and a violation of human rights. A number of international treaties have sought to end racism. The United Nations uses a definition of racist discrimination laid out in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and adopted in 1966:

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Big Spark. I'm not attacking you. I agree with your post. I merely added a new bit of info to the thread.

joe

joe-90 said:
Big Spark. I'm not attacking you. I agree with your post. I merely added a new bit of info to the thread.

joe

Ok..apologies for jumping to conclusions...seems I proved one of Mustapha's points :confused:

his posts are biased and swing to islam sorry but u cant see it your blind

Sponsored Links
Back