immigration on the rise.

That's why I visit The Czech Rep. and Poland a lot. Nothing there for the parasitic immis, so they don't go there. Because of it, places like Prague have a vey low crime rate. Unusually low, considering it's a capital city.

Really? Yet Prague (and Warsaw for that matter) have a significantly higher violent crime and murder rate than London. In addition, violent crime is rising there [as opposed to London where it is falling]

As for France, having some good friends in The Gendarmerie, their crime rates are rising in the provinces due to several factors (which I think you will be able to guess)

Let's be honest, whilst The UK appears to be going to hell in a handcart, there are a lot of places going the same way - albeit some more slowly than others.

Hence why I queried where can one go?

All down to individual choice though and if it works for you then great.

One other major factor is money and the cost of living wherever you choose to settle. A lot of these places offer less 'bang for your buck'.

Sponsored Links
Really? Yet Prague (and Warsaw for that matter) have a significantly higher violent crime and murder rate than London. In addition, violent crime is rising there [as opposed to London where it is falling.

I've never been to Warsaw but, when we went to Prague a few years ago, everyone was friendly and we never experienced any crime or yobbery.

As for crime falling in London, perhaps you mean that reported crime is falling.

There's a difference visiting a country and living in it but I take on board what you say regarding your visit to Prague.

As for London, violent crime - I am not talking about crime in general - IS down. This is due to a number of factors.

Remember that we are talking here about places to live so all sorts of things have to be taken into account. Visiting a city doesn't necessarily give you the full picture. After all, lots of visitors think London is superb when, in fact, it is a s**thole.

That's why I visit The Czech Rep. and Poland a lot. Nothing there for the parasitic immis, so they don't go there. Because of it, places like Prague have a vey low crime rate. Unusually low, considering it's a capital city.

Really? Yet Prague (and Warsaw for that matter) have a significantly higher violent crime and murder rate than London. In addition, violent crime is rising there [as opposed to London where it is falling]

As for France, having some good friends in The Gendarmerie, their crime rates are rising in the provinces due to several factors (which I think you will be able to guess)

Let's be honest, whilst The UK appears to be going to hell in a handcart, there are a lot of places going the same way - albeit some more slowly than others.

One other major factor is money and the cost of living wherever you choose to settle. A lot of these places offer less 'bang for your buck'.

How about Scotland, surely the immigrants don't go up there, its sparsely populated, we could even rebuild Hadrian's wall to keep them out..

Sponsored Links
How about Scotland, surely the immigrants don't go up there, its sparsely populated, we could even rebuild Hadrian's wall to keep them out..

You must be joking!

The major cities (and some of the minor ones) are chock full of them.

In any event, it will be a no-go if the vote goes the wrong way...

:cry:

The wrong way!! Do you mean if they stay part of the UK!! LOL

The wrong way!! Do you mean if they stay part of the UK!! LOL

If the vote is YES then Scotland will be a wasteland within a few years.

I am praying it's a NO vote.

I looked at the IQ map mentioned and then came across a pie chart from the UK where people had been asked if they thought themselves more or less intelligent than the average person -

7% didn't know. :eek:

The continent is so much bigger and full of space.
When I drove a lorry from Dover to Lusteanau in Austria to make a delivery the one thing I noticed was the big open roads with very little traffic.
Back in the UK it was brick schitting time even though you knew what the signs were saying and could understand the lingo for the most part.

I find it hard to believe what our politicians say, and they are the ones that collate the crime figures. Like their expenses and immigration statistics, I think crime figures in this country have been massaged by clever people to show things are improving or are not as serious as they really are. Same with exam results for schools.

I have been to many areas of Prague by day or night, even the very run down ones on the edge of town where tourists don't venture. Also have drunk in some very ordinary pubs. There aren't any areas where I have felt unsafe. If you go onto the Czech expats websites and ask if there are any unsafe areas in the capital, I think you will draw a blank. As for London, there are many areas I wouldn't go during the day, let alone night time.

A lot of crime is about perception. I don't think you will ever hear of commuters being blown to bits on Prague's metro or tram system. Can't ever imagine seeing a Czech soldier being butchered on the Streets of Prague. These things only go on in our capital.

Comments noted but I don't rely on politicians for my information.

Comments noted but I don't rely on politicians for my information.

I wouldn't rely on any official sources for your information in this country. Even some unofficial sources that you rely on for crime statistics may be left-leaning and have a vested interest in being less than honest or open.

A case in point has arisen in the last few days. If you had looked at the sexual offences stats for Rotherham for the last 10 or 15 years, it would probably have appeared to be in line with the national average.

We have since learned that the police and social services have colluded to suppress the unsavoury truth. The figures completely underestimate the scale of the problem, and these are the same figures that go to make up national and regional crime stats. This is exactly why I have no faith in any figures compiled by corrupt officials and politicians in this country. Rotherham won't be an isolated case.

Also, I have no faith in the ability of these officials and politicians in protecting this country or the population, as they are paid to. The whole system is rotten from top to bottom, and now leaves us so dangerously exposed that Theresa May has had to raise the level of threat that we now face.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I wouldn't rely on any official sources for your information in this country.

We were talking about violent crime in London (as opposed to Prague) not the country as a whole.

When I say there has been a fall in such crime in London, I rely on almost 3 decades of personal experience 'at the coal face' - not politicians or official sources.

As I said originally, this is down to several factors and measures.

Agree with your point about figures in general though. As they say, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics'.

Sponsored Links
Back