Is this shoddy brickwork/pointing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any advice appreciated please. My builder has taken 10 months now for an extension that was quoted as being a 3 month job. He started out really well with the brickwork and it looked good, seemed to have been done properly with string line and looked great but as the walls have progressed it looks to me like he has rushed/or not been as careful or something - if you look at the attached image, there is cement all over the bricks. Is this shoddy work, it doesn't look good but should I be more concerned? Am I being unreasonable? Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210810_072529.jpg
    20210810_072529.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 430
Sponsored Links
It's carp, you know it is, but getting something done about it is another matter. If you owe him more money than the work done so far, then you have a lever, if you've paid him more than the work done he could decide to walk away.

Brickwork by a professional should be clean. My brickwork by DIYer is far cleaner than that.

A bit messy, but not shoddy.

It can be cleaned with a weak acid wash, but follow the instructions.

Sponsored Links
Standards must be dropping if that is now considered acceptable.
The right bricks with the right sand in the wrong weather and they stain just like that and there's nothing anyone can do about it, except clean them afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back