ITS NOT NOVEMBER THE 5TH

Eddie M said:
Oh, and to answer all those, "why don't you just go to an organised event" people, have to ever heard of social occasions where you and your family meet friends and their families, and have something called a good time?

Yep, every Carnival in our home-town: three weeks of social events with the highlights the last weekend and Monday and tuesday before Ash Wednesday :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Last "organised" event i went to wasn't very organised. the firework debris blew over onto the crowd, one of the fireworks even came out of its stand and started whizzing around the clear area. :eek: and most of the crowd was people i knew at school, who i dont particularly want to know now, if you catch my drift.

Eddie M said:
What else would the "ban the sale of fireworks to the public brigade" want banned?

Christmas? Overindulgence / financial irresponsibility
No.
Halloween? Excuse for vandalism.
Unfortunately it is. We had a group of 10-15 yobo's roam around the street for an hour, They pulled up plants, removed 'For Sale' boards and threw them into the road, emptied bins onto the road, and gave general abuse to the residents. The police would actually agree that to most teens it is an excuse to vandalise property.

Easter?, overeating
No
Driving?, what's the point in having all these different cars, why not just one generic, same coloured bland vehicle.
Lets bring back the Trabant :p
Pubs?, Drinking smoking etc.
Smoking in public, yep.

I can understand that people get upset when fireworks are used irresponsibly, but banning them simply punishes the overwhelming majority of people who use them responsibly.
so how do you stop them being used irresponsibly without a ban on sales to the public. Did you see the young lad on telly the other morning, that lost the sight in one eye, due to yobs and fireworks. Why should people have to go through that, through no fault of their own.

Oh, and to answer all those, "why don't you just go to an organised event" people, have to ever heard of social occasions where you and your family meet friends and their families, and have something called a good time?
You could hire a bus and all go together. ;) If everyone who was going to buy £50 quids worth of fireworks, got together and formed and organised display at the local sports ground or whatever, just think what a spectacle you could have, rather than 20 seconds of whizz, pop bang.

ban them at your peril

home made fireworks are cheaper and so much more noisy = dangerous

banning would make this an underground trade and i for one would make my own **** THE NANNY STATE

i wont be told what i can do and when there are too many rules so many of u say ban ban ban when it doesnt suit you

POLICE it lets stop hounding the motorist for an easy cashbash make the police actually walk the streets where there is a firework problem and prosecute shops selling to underage

ban lol buncha tarts whinging on like old wimmen take a f****** stick the the lil bas***** if you dont like them making there noise that is if the poilce wont do anything then do it yourself or call BATMAN he lives near you

every estate council or not has a batman someone who the thugs are afraid of get him on the case and see how u fair

BANG

Sponsored Links
Simply banning something is not the answer, pillocks will always find a way to be pillocks.

in the main its not the little sods its the outdo the smiths syndrome around our way. Oh weve got to have bigger and louder fireworks than next door. We had them exploding 20 feet above our conservatory last night. Frightened cats woke my 5 month old baby up and we spent the rest of the night trying to pacify her as she was so frightened. I came very close to going around to the house in question and sticking them up his arse before lighting them. Im not a killjoy its just some consideration.

oh and slogger its the job of trading standards to prosecute the shops that sell them to underage

Slogger said:
ban them at your peril

i wont be told what i can do and when there are too many rules so many of u say ban ban ban when it doesnt suit you

BANG

Do you say that when you drive past a speed camera? Or pay your income tax? Your Council Tax? Your VAT?

Or maybe you like obeying all of the above?

joe

Well, sorry, you "ban 'em all guys" that was excellent, great time, great mates, no problems, all over by 8:00 fantastic. And some whopping great fireworks.

They were banned in Australia 25 years ago - and they'll be banned here before long.

High explosives and yobs are a poor combination.

joe

Eddie M said:
Well, sorry, you "ban 'em all guys" that was excellent, great time, great mates, no problems, all over by 8:00 fantastic. And some whopping great fireworks.

Thats how it should be ed glad you had a good time m8. Being a dog owner we were prepared and got the sedatives ready. Trouble is there are some plonkers who fire off a couple of ballistic curtain shakers at anytime in the last two weeks. Wish they were all like you ed,( all done by 8.0) they are still goin off round here (12.05 am).
Tht they had banned those seriously noisy things. Beats me why a grown up wants to inflict these on their neighbours. There again the types who burn off £30 bangers do seem to drive 4x4s. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back