Its the head that should have been sacked ...outrageous.

Sponsored Links
The parents had been told in a letter, the child had suffered a "Skipping rope related accident." Not that she'd been tied to some railings and had been whipped with the skipping rope. You tell me who's at fault.

I've no idea, JJ, which is why I don't read or trust the Daily Mail.
The dinner lady (not really qualified for playground supervision without a qualified teacher there) should have rescued the girl, naturally, and reported the incident immediately to a teacher in charge.
The boys should have been rounded up and parent(s) called to be present at the inquiry.
I'm not defending anyone's actions here, of course - the school is required to have a bullying / offending plan of action which must be followed. If the incident was simply brushed under the carpet - as implied - then that is of course ridiculous.
In my day, when I was in charge of pastoral, any such incident would incur the immediate suspension of the pupils, and not for them to return to school without a parent, who would be present with me in the chair.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The head was a self serving self important conceited individual,
the lady in question merely asked the parents how the little girl was going on at a social gathering and the cat got out of the bag to the heads chagrin.

Some points - and I'm not defending or accusing anyone here....
I wouldn't know if the Head was a self serving self important conceited individual or not....I don't know her.
For sure, the papers are only interested in sensationalism, be it true or otherwise.
The school should have acted accordingly to the event that had taken place - if the complete facts were made known at the time to the senior management team.
Schools hate the fact that unpleasant issues take place under their jurisdiction....they also hate to have been reported not to have acted accordingly at the time - they know they are going to be taken to task.
If the incident was indeed brushed under the carpet then it is deplorable.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back