jeremy clarkson

Can't stand the bloke and felt the comment was not just unhelpful but rather poisonous.

However, would there have been such a public outcry if he'd said take the bankers out and execute them?

Sponsored Links
The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, he made a joke, either find it funny and have a laugh with him or don't find it funny and forget about it, its really not that hard.

If anyone really thinks that Clarkson was actually seriously advising people to go out and shoot people then i really feel for them and find it amazing that they safely make it through each day.

Congratluations to all the union bosses though; by blowing this totally, hideously out of proportion, everyone's immediately forgotten about the strikes and all anyone is talking about is a middle-aged TV presenter. If no-one had said anything about JC's comments then the vast majority of us (me included) would not even have known he'd said it and most of the people who did actually watch the One show would probably have forgotten what he said once the show had ended.

His tv programmes, books, videos, etc are drivel, but Clarkson annoys the hell out of the lefty, self righteous brigade, and for that should be applauded.

It was obviously a set up. Right, lets gets outspoken, right-wing Clarko on our lefty tv station's One Show, and ask him what he thinks about union members striking. Doh! He gave them what they wanted to hear.

It's comical to hear all of the unions and left politicians competeing with each other, to see who can be the most outraged. Getting quite hysterical. Karen Jennings (Unison) compared him to Gadaffi, whilst her union considered calling in the police.. Bob Crow (RMT) accused him of inciting violence :rolleyes: and Dave Prentis (Unison again) said that children could be scared and upset by his statement.

What next? UN sanctions? Some people need to get a grip or a sense of humour.

Also, he tackled a hoodie who threatened him and his family. What would these hopeless lefties have done? Nothing.

Sponsored Links
clarkson (according to the news) agreed what he was going to say with a producer before the show started.
but working for the bbc the producer no doubt reads the guardian and found nothing wrong with the comment. if the producer read the daily mail he probably would have had clarkson shot.

Jezza often shoots from the hip. He puts into words what the rest of us are thinking. He's a man's man, One of the lads, A bit of a geezer, Deffo a chap to enjoy a pint down the local with. ;) ;) ;) ;)

i think its a BBC cut back they pay him to much and this is a way to get rid of him, with him and a few others out of the way the boss can have a bigger bonus

Having had first hand experience of Social Workers (my partner has reason to deal with them) they are all more interested in protecting their jobs/perks/pensions/etc than the children whose interests they claim to be 'looking after'.

If the Unions really think we are stupid enough to actually take Clarkson's comments at face value and act on them then God help this country..... :eek:

Having had first hand experience of Social Workers (my partner has reason to deal with them) they are all more interested in protecting their jobs/perks/pensions/etc than the children whose interests they claim to be 'looking after'.

If the Unions really think we are stupid enough to actually take Clarkson's comments at face value and act on them then God help this country..... :eek:
Totally agree. The irony is that if Clarkson is sacked then his union (somethng to do with media) will no doubt leap into action....

Totally agree.

I can't believe we're still talking about this.

More learned people than I have already said, and I paraphrase, "get a grip - it was irony!".

Actually, I was going to take 4 minutes of your time making some kind of pseudo-intelectual point, but I think I've pretty much covered it.
I am now, officially, moving on...

May as well have yet another public schoolboy running the shop[/code]

Sponsored Links
Back