JESUS TOMB AND FAMILY FOUND DNA PROVES IT.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
According to reports james camron has found a tomb which concludes they have found jesus and is family and can prove it with dna is this all dribble or is my glue to strong

Sponsored Links
well I found Lord Lucan Riding Shergar whilst feeding the loch ness monster in the park the other day

do I get an oscar or what??

BOB.ELOD said:
According to reports james camron has found a tomb which concludes they have found jesus and is family and can prove it wTitanic director James Cameron has unveiled what he believes may be Jesus's coffin, calling it possibly the first physical evidence of Christ's life of earth.

The plain limestone box, or "ossuary", was one of 10 discovered in a cave tomb stumbled on by builders in Jerusalem in 1980, and first excavated by a British archaeologist.

The disintegrated bones found in the coffins were reburied, but human matter collected by filmmakers has provided DNA profiles, which they say suggest Jesus and Mary Magdalene were a couple.

Even after their discovery, boxes merely gathered dust on shelves, because the names on the inscriptions on six of them were so common that they did not excite those who first catalogued them.

Measuring just over a metre in length and around 30cm high, the ossuary linked to Jesus took centre stage alongside one the Discovery Channel team believed once contained Mary Magdalene's remains at a press conference in New York.

But the filmmakers say analysis shows the odds are at the 600-1 in favour of the tomb being of Jesus's family.

They believe five of the inscriptions represent the key New Testament figures not just of Jesus and Mary Magdalene but also Mary, Matthew and Joseph, while a sixth could be a son of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

Cameron said: "I have never doubted that there was a historical Jesus, that he walked the Earth, but the simple fact is that there has never been a shred of physical archaeological evidence to support that fact until right now."

this dramatic find isnt going to lead to a multi oscar, multi billion grossing film about jesus's coffin and his decomposing family is it?

call me cynical but what happened to that piece of cloth they were positive was the turin shroud until they carbon dated it and found out some bloke bought it the week before from remnant kings cloth shop. :rolleyes:

er rant over :D

Sponsored Links
Cameron, who produced the Discovery Channel film set to air on Channel 4 in the UK, will unveil the two key coffins at a press conference in New York tomorrow.

The Discovery Channel claimed the evidence could be the "greatest archaeological find in history".
It doesn't get bigger than this," Cameron said.

"We've done our homework; we've made the case; and now it's time for the debate to begin."

The Lost Tomb of Jesus, directed by Simcha Jacobovici, cites statistical analysis that found the odds are at least 600 to 1 in favour of the tomb being that of Jesus's family.

It does not challenge the resurrection because "even if Jesus' body was moved from one tomb to another, that does not mean that he could not have been resurrected from the second tomb".

All four Gospels say that Jesus was crucified on the eve of the Sabbath and that the tomb his body was placed in was empty when the disciples woke on Sunday morning.

The cave tomb examined in the film was discovered when the earth gave way as builders dug the foundations for an apartment complex in the Jerusalem suburb of Talpiot 27 years ago.

Inside were 10 limestone bone boxes, six with inscriptions said to date from the time Jesus was alive.

An official report written after the discovery of the find by prominent archaeologist Amos Kloner found nothing remarkable about it, particularly as the names used were all very common in the period concerned.

But the filmmakers believe five of the inscriptions represent the key New Testament figures of Jesus, Mary, Matthew, Joseph and Mary Magdalene, while a sixth, written in Aramaic, translates to "Judah Son of Jesus".

The coffins linked to Mary and Matthew are inscribed with the Hebrew "Maria" and "Matia".

Another reads "Mariamene e Mara", Greek which can be translated as "Mary known as the master".

Harvard history of religion professor Francois Bovon said Mariamene, or Mariamne, was probably the actual name given to Mary Magdalene.

The team collected bits of matter from the "Jesus Son of Joseph" and "Mariamene e Mara" ossuaries, as well as patina, a chemical film encrusted on one of the limestone boxes.

DNA examination determined that the individual in the Jesus coffin and the person in the one linked to Mary Magdalene were not related.

Jacobovici and Cameron suggest that since tombs normally contain either blood relations or spouses, it is possible Jesus and Mary Magdalene were a couple.

And they believe "Judah" may have been their son, and could have been the "lad" described in the Gospel of John as sleeping in Jesus's lap at the Last Supper.

Sceptics argue the collection of extremely common names on the ossuary inscriptions in the Talpiot tomb are coincidental.

"It makes a great story for a TV film," Professor Kloner reportedly told The Jerusalem Post.

"But it's impossible. It's nonsense."

However the film says a study by Andrey Feuerverger, a professor of statistics and mathematics at the University of Toronto, backs up their argument.

He concluded that the odds were at least 600 to 1 in favour of the theory.

"This has been a three-year journey that seems more incredible than fiction," Jacobovici said.

"The idea of possibly finding the tomb of Jesus and several members of his family, with compelling scientific evidence, is beyond anything I could have imagined."

The researchers also said they discovered a second, as-yet unexplored tomb about 65 feet from the Talpiot Tomb, used a robotic camera to film inside it.

They speculated that this tomb could contain the remains of additional family members, or even disciples.

There was a documentary a few years ago about a conman who had discovered artifacts that verified the existence of King Solomans temple and also the tomb of Jesus but archaeological detectives proved he had placed the artifacts beforehand and made some small but significant mistakes in trying to fool the authorities, it just so happened he was one of the foremost dealers in antiquities in Israel and had discovered many "genuine artifacts" over the years, so many that the archaeological world were worried how many of the artifacts lying around museums all around the world were in fact genuine or not.

nickso said:
this dramatic find isnt going to lead to a multi oscar, multi billion grossing film about jesus's coffin and his decomposing family is it?

call me cynical but what happened to that piece of cloth they were positive was the turin shroud until they carbon dated it and found out some bloke bought it the week before from remnant kings cloth shop. :rolleyes:

actually it was leonardo da vinci who faked it :)

corgiman said:
nickso said:

was that him from bolton or that foreign geezer?

nickso said:
corgiman said:
nickso said:

was that him from bolton or that foreign geezer?

NAH he was that bloke out of titanic ;)

They took samples from the artefacts, exposed them to nucleonic particles in a vacuum to release stored atoms which they then sent off for gas analysis by an expert to establish age.
They have rubbished the findings of the so-called gas expert though as he wasn't registered with Corgi ;)

I saw Shergar ... with Elvis, Lucan and Maxwell 3 up at the gallop near Priddy on the Mendip hills...
:D

Saw this referenced on the David Icke website a week or two ago, so it must be true! :D

Did you see the David Icke documentary the other week? Watched the whole thing and i have to say the first two or three parts he said a lot of convincing stuff and i was warming to him and agreeing with a lot he had to say about the way we are controlled in life etc. Im thinking to myself that he's got older and wiser from the Wogan show days and talk of aliens etc then we get to the last part of the documentury and he mentions the Alien Reptile creatures living anonymously amongst us Oh Boy! :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

corgiman said:
well I found Lord Lucan Riding Shergar whilst feeding the loch ness monster in the park the other day

do I get an oscar or what??
.......I thought I saw you, I was sitting on a bench, reading Hitler`s diaries.........

Wouldnt it have been far easier to ring Jesus's ol man and ask him?

Sponsored Links
Back