Jimmy Saville

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they go through proper legal channels when he's dead? They can't dig him up and put him in the dock.
It would have been better if these things came out years ago of course, but if the allegations were true put yourself in the place of the young girls. Their word against a national figure. It's easy to see why they would have said nothing at the time.

Sponsored Links
How can they go through proper legal channels when he's dead? They can't dig him up and put him in the dock.
It would have been better if these things came out years ago of course, but if the allegations were true put yourself in the place of the young girls. Their word against a national figure. It's easy to see why they would have said nothing at the time.
And he's in a position to defend himself?

Are we to assume no one around him ever suspected a problem? That he was always alone? etc etc

If there is evidence of any sort of cover up then the authorities should be involved - to get the issue sorted properly.
Or do you think shock jock TV is the best way to go regarding these matters?

If there is evidence of any sort of cover up then the authorities should be involved - to get the issue sorted properly.
Sometimes it is yes. You can't trust "the authorities" to do the right thing anyway, they will do the "expedient" thing for them.
Having questions asked on prime time tv often leads to "the authorities" having to be seen to get their collective asses into gear on an issue.

Sponsored Links
Saville lived nearby me and he was not the kind of guy he made himself out to be, he was a nasty barsteward but clever with it.

Sometimes it is yes. You can't trust "the authorities" to do the right thing anyway, they will do the "expedient" thing for them.
Having questions asked on prime time tv often leads to "the authorities" having to be seen to get their collective asses into gear on an issue.
That i agree with, as that is serious in it's own right.
however, that does not appear to be the claim for the forthcoming programme.
Mark Williams-Thomas needs the limelight. It's his business plan. Justice is not his primary motive.

Because it's already been busted wide open.

'Of course people know', was the point I was making.

Just been reading yesterdays sunday Mail. They really have got it in for Jimmy. Having a few 'B' listers like Esther Rancid and The Nolans- chucking in their tuppence worth will help sensationalise everything .

But- they are only making these comments on what they have heard !! nothing more ..Everyone has to remember though- in the eyes of the law- a person is innocent until proven guilty.
The press has now given out too much information- which of course will promp the usual nutters to come forward making allegations .
I am sure British justice will prevail--given time whichever way it goes ..

Just been reading yesterdays sunday Mail. They really have got it in for Jimmy. Having a few 'B' listers like Esther Rancid and The Nolans- chucking in their tuppence worth will help sensationalise everything .

But- they are only making these comments on what they have heard !! nothing more ..Everyone has to remember though- in the eyes of the law- a person is innocent until proven guilty.
The press has now given out too much information- which of course will promp the usual nutters to come forward making allegations .
I am sure British justice will prevail--given time whichever way it goes ..

Which is exactly what the people behind the programme want. Scandal with no chance of a defence from the accused.

But i don't don't suppose sensible people would fall for that old trick, would they??

Would they?

If he were alive how would he defend himself? Who was the witness?

Strange that people aren't coming to his defence in droves. Well apart from a nephew and some weirdos on internet bulletin boards. With all his good deeds you'd think he would have some friends, doesn't seem to be the case, wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back