JOB INTERVIEW QUESTION FOR BOILER COMPANY

No I don't recon Dewalt.

I like in this order Hilti, Makita, then the rest of the good ones Bosch Milwaukie metabo, then the ones with faulty switches like Dewalt.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
But then you had not been a soldier Chris and taught to only obey orders and die for your Country and the Queen.

Did I tell you about the soldier I mended a boiler for?

24 years in the Army, NI, Bosnia, invaded Iraq twice and never injured! leaves army and breaks leg three months later running for a number 12 bus! ( He lived in Sheperds Bush ! )

Tony

LOL....Tony your tallents are wasted on here ;)

The number 12 dont go through Sheperds bush :LOL: :LOL:

History:-

The route was re-structured at the time the new articulated bus contract began. Previously the route had run in two sections, from Dulwich to Oxford Circus, and Peckham to Notting Hill Gate, although some early and late journeys ran through. The latter section was withdrawn, with an extension of route 390 to Notting Hill Gate and frequency increases both on the remaining section of the 12 and on the 148, which also links Camberwell and Walworth with Marble Arch and Notting Hill. Overall, there was a reduction in frequency between Peckham and Oxford Circus, although (theoretically at least) the artics can take almost twice as many passengers as the RMLs. The overall requirement fell from 38 to 29 buses. However, one bizarre result of the change was an increase in frequency on the quietest section of the whole route, Dulwich to Peckham.

Although still a major route with one of the highest vehicle requirements in London, the 12 is nothing like the monster it once was. Go back to the 1930s and destinations as far apart as South Croydon and Brent (Cross) Station could be seen on 12sIn the 1950s and 1960s some early morning and late evening Sunday services operated on the full length of the Route from South Croydon to Harlesden and Willesden Junction. The basic route was between South Croydon Swan and Sugarloaf and Willesden Junction via present day routes 312, 12, 148 and 260, but buses from Croydon generally ran no further than Oxford Circus and those from Harlesden no further than Dulwich (or Elmers End for garage journeys). Someone remembers the wide variety of different destinations that could be seen on southbound 12s – Camberwell Green, Peckham, Peckham Rye (albeit rarely used), Dulwich Plough, Forest Hill, Penge Pawlene Arms, Elmers End Garage, Norwood Junction, South Croydon. There was also an odd bifurcation from Harlesden or Dulwich to Park Royal Stadium in peak hours.

Equally, such a long route naturally lends itself to operation by quite a large number of garages, with anything up to five operating on the route simultaneously. Examples (though probably not comprehensive) are Croydon, Elmers End, Catford, Nunhead, Peckham, Camberwell, Walworth and Shepherds Bush. The computer scheduling system developed by London Buses in the 1970s is designed for a maximum of four garages operating on any one route. This was derived from the 12, which happened to have four garages (ED, PM, Q and S) at the time.

The 12 was finally shortened in 1972, with 12s running no further south than Norwood Junction, and new Leyland National operated route 12A (now 312) taking over between South Croydon and Peckham. This was partly because the low bridge in Addiscombe (now demolished to make way for Tramlink) placed considerable restrictions on the types of double decker that could be used south of Norwood Junction.

A process of gradual retrenchment has followed: both ends were cropped on 25 October 1986, reducing the route to Penge-East Acton, while the southern terminals of the 12, 78 and 176 were rotated from 14 August 1988, the 12 being curtailed to Dulwich from the north, capacity being maintained by extending the 78 from Dulwich to Forest Hill and the 176 from Forest Hill to Penge. The western terminal was moved to Shepherds Bush in 1991 and to Notting Hill Gate in 1994, and, as mentioned previously, to Oxford Circus in 2004. The Dulwich – Peckham section was almost lost after local residents objected to the revised terminating arrangements at Dulwich – the previous stands in Etherow Street were not suitable for artics, and a reversal of the stand working was necessitated.

----------------------------------

Sorry, you are right the No. 12 no longer goes the Shepherds Bush ! Must have been a different route!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony congtratulations, I can officially confirm on the pointlessness and length that post claims the title of the dullest post ever. ;)

i got the job!!!!!! they rang this morning to offer the position, i am over the moon!! the company im gonna be workin for is warmsure- its ideal boilers combined with eaga group... the only downfall is i dont start until the 3rd of september but least it gives me sometime to study more and prepare for it

tommyapps said:
combined with eaga group... the only downfall is i dont start until the 3rd of september

Good on you congratulations....hope the eaga money lasts out until you start ;)

i didnt even ask to be honest, was just in a world of my own when he said i was successful! just gonna do some labourin or summat til then, my cousin is a tree surgeon so will ask him if he needs a pair of hands

balls to that tommy

get your CV out there and see if someone else will take you on

:)

lol ! i really liked the sound of the job- they said i look like someone who wants to progress (which i am ;) ) and said their gonna develop me as much as they can cuz i have age on my side too, just happy that a company has gave me the opportunity.. my cv went out to loads of companies but only a few replied

GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE GOT THE JOB, JUST LEFT THE ARMY MYSELF AND START WORK AS A HEATING ENGINEER IN SEPT FOR A FIRM IVE BEEN DOING WORK ATTACHMENT WITH. UNTIL SEPT I WILL BE WORKING ALONGSIDE AN ENGINEER AND READING ALL I CAN TO GET UP TO SPEED. DID MY COURSE WITH MET UK AND MUST ADMIT ITS NOT EASY TO DO WHAT WE HAVE DONE AND FIND A JOB AT THE END OF IT AS MOST EMPLOYERS WANT EXPERIENCED ENGINEERS. BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TRY AND PROVE YOUR WORTH AND POTENTIAL WHILE ON WORK EXPERIENCE WHICH IS WHAT I TRIED TO DO. IVE ALSO BOOKED MYSELF ON PLENTY OF MANUFACTURERS COURSES TO IMPROVE MY TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE ENOUGH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back