Johnson Is So Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely your argument is the wrong way round.

Lockdowns will only be viable in the short term. Life has to continue, we have to import significant amounts of goods which means inter country travel. We wouldn't be able to keep the virus out long term even if the public would accept suppressing it here with major limitations on movement, contact, facemasks ete etc.

Whereas annual vaccines would work in the long term unless the virus somehow becomes resistant to all vaccines.
For sure lockdowns should be severe and temporary. That is the raison d'etre behind lockdowns. Persistent partial and temporary lockdowns are uselss.
Import/export and international travel issues have been effectively addressed by other nations. But the UK refuses to learn from proven measures elsewhere.

There is also track and trace which UK have forgotten and dismissed.

Assuming annual vaccinations were possible, imagine the machinery and systems that would be required. And they alone to do not eradicate the virus, they might however give the virus opportunities to mutate.

Sponsored Links
Our friends daughter is a doctor in St Mary’s, Paddington. She says that first time round it was mainly the olds in the wards. This time is people of all ages. Her boyfriend, also a doctor, aged 30, is in the ward with it too. At the moment it is touch and go whether he is moved to intensive care. She says the odds of a full survival once you go in intensive care, plummet. She is not taken to hysterics but our friend, her mother, says she has never known her to be so worried or upset. Still she works through. We've got everything crossed for her and her boyfriend.

Assuming annual vaccinations were possible, imagine the machinery and systems that would be required.

The machinery and systems would be similar to what I wonder.........:confused::confused:

Ah yes, exactly the same as the machinery and systems set up to provide ANNUAL Flu jabs.

Sponsored Links
How many flu jabs given per year in UK?
Now add, on top of that, 30, 40, 50 million Covid jabs annually.

And you can be absolutely certain, that as this virus is bought under control, via herd immunity/vaccines, the number of vaccine shots administered annually will rapidly fall year on year.

And you can be absolutely certain, that as this virus is bought under control, via herd immunity/vaccines, the number of vaccine shots administered annually will rapidly fall year on year.
No! And I'm having to repeat myself yet again.
The vaccine does not provide protection against infection. It merely reduces the symptoms and dangers of other complications.
You can still catch the virus after having the vaccine. It's reasonable to assume you can still transmit the virus. It serves to reduce the pressure on the NHS and to reduce the mortality rates.
Because it does not eradicate the virus, it provides the circumstances for the virus to mutate.
Those vaccinated will still need to act as though they are infected!
Indeed, it is highly probable that those vaccinated will be lulled into a false sense of security and increase their social activity, leading to flare ups of the virus.

Last edited:
400 people attending a wedding in these times says to me it was a wedding that was attended by some deeply religious crowd who felt their religion was more important than our laws. Any guesses as to which religion?
Oh dear, still concerned with pointing the finger at other nationalities and cultures.
What was the religion of all those flouting the regulations to go to pubs, raves, etc?

Oh dear, still concerned with pointing the finger at other nationalities and cultures.
What was the religion of all those flouting the regulations to go to pubs, raves, etc?
No idea but in any case, it wasn’t an organised coming together of 400 people was it? Invitations would have been sent and accepted in direct contravention to the rules, clothes and presents bought, transportation and accommodation organised etc. Could you get 40 people to attend a wedding of yours nowdays let alone 400?

If they were from a different nationality or culture, do you think it shouldn’t be mentioned? And shouldn't that nationality or culture be clamped down on? Going by latest statistics, there must have been at least half a dozen positive Covid cases mingling in that 400. ****ing disgraceful.

Last edited:
In all my years of visiting hospitals day and night, I have never seen staff sleeping as in the above pictures.

Either the pictures are fake (not), or they are taken of staff totally stressed out due to Covid 19.

Eye witness accounts and personal experience are not admissible on GD; haven't you noticed that before(y)

No! And I'm having to repeat myself yet again.
The vaccine does not provide protection against infection. It merely reduces the symptoms and dangers of other complications.
You can still catch the virus after having the vaccine. It's reasonable to assume you can still transmit the virus. It serves to reduce the pressure on the NHS and to reduce the mortality rates.
Because it does not eradicate the virus, it provides the circumstances for the virus to mutate.
Those vaccinated will still need to act as though they are infected!
Indeed, it is highly probable that those vaccinated will be lulled into a false sense of security and increase their social activity, leading to flare ups of the virus.

At the risk of repeating myself again, the machinery and systems are in place.

How many vaccinations do you think are administered yearly, for all illnesses/immunisations/drugs.

The vaccine will become part of visits to see your doctor, and eventually will be seamless.

Are you feeling a little over sensitive?

I am not the one who cries "abusive!" at any post, no matter how politely and unemotionally it is worded - that happens to counter one of yours.
Please don't judge me by your own frailties.

I didn't ascribe a moral stance to you. I correctly ascribed it to your posited argument.
Of course you didn't.

It's foolish and dangerous to rely on such weak hopes. What if you're wrong?????
What about the consequences along the way, even if you were right?

I suggest you take a chill pill.

I am sitting in warm sunshine, drinking a cup of tea. I neither need nor take medication for "chilling", or anything else for that matter.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back