Johnson Sinks to New Low

Increasing eccentricity from a lonely remaining supporter

"Nadine Dorries provides another bizarre answer about Boris Johnson during interview

Nadine Dorries refuses to say how much she “communicates” with Boris Johnson in another awkward interview.

After being asked on BBC Breakfast if she had spoken to the prime minister in the past 24 hours the culture secretary replies: “Why? Why are you asking me that question?”

“I’d like to know,” Charlie Stayt said.

Ms Dorries reluctantly replies: “We’ve communicated.”

In response to being asked what they had discussed, Ms Dorries said: “I’m not going to tell you the extent of my communications with the prime minister. I’ve answered your question. We have communicated. What is your next question?”

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/nadine-dorries-boris-johnson-interview-vbd0c29aa

I wonder if Johnson is pleased to have filly and Nadine on his side.

John, I've just checked the news, he's still the PM. Suck it up.

Sponsored Links
Let’s face it Johnson saved this country from chaos on 2 fronts

the chaos of corbyn

and with out Johnson we could still be in the EU :eek:

yes exactly getting pushed around by a bunch of foreigners ;)

"Meanwhile, only this prime minister’s government could publish a 101-page document about the benefits of Brexit in the same week that Northern Ireland’s first minister resigns due to the Brexit deal."

Sponsored Links
It's a shocking indictment of the integrity and intelligence of the DUP minister, Poots, to give an order to cease checks on goods entering NI from GB, then immediately resign.
Fortunately, that order has been halted by the courts pending an enquiry as to the legality of it.
And UK government washed their hands of the chaos. It was all of their making.

Rishi favours high taxes whilst Boris wants to reverse the NI increase

Cutting something that is needed is just more project red meat. The total tax take has been increased in none obvious ways anyway. Even death duties haven't been increased. Something they made noises about when not in power -should be a lot higher etc.

The base rate has been at emergency levels for rather a long time now. Idea to help maintain the economy. Pundits have been reckoning that we would see 3 increases near term. If correct one more to go. I'd guess finishing up close to1.5%. We have had the usual pre and post Xmas price increases but unusual areas have added to inflation.

It's hard to see how the base rate can really regulate the economy when imports are concerned. Power is an example. The aid to that means £40 per year added to what even the bill turns out to be over the next 5 years. If people get pay rises to cover inflation there will be even more. People who work in areas that are short of labour will see pay rises as that is how the labour market works. ;) Unless you happen to be a nurse etc. Mind you the OBR seems to show that working for the public sector is better than the private one. It wasn't entirely clear to me though.

Tricky times are ahead. Some are questioning the money that is available for levelling up. Sometime by comparing it with what Germany has spent levelling up it's east and the gap has reduced but there still is one. A lot comes down to jobs and pay levels in the end. Working in London pays more as it is more expensive to live there in part and there are more well paid jobs anyway but not for all. I heard that some place gets a revamped railway station. B'ham has one £550m, £388n from the gov. It looks much much better than it did but carrying capacity increase - rather questionable. So how well will money be spent? The UK motorway network was never fully finished due to cost. There is a B'ham metro of sorts. Something that has been intended for yonks far more extensive than it is. Much is made of it but other than getting some people to work from outlying areas in some ways it's a way to move people to shops. From areas where shops aren't doing too well. The other use needs jobs. I suppose £75 a month for people who want to use it daily isn't too bad.

Sure all can be done and taxation reduced.

the chaos of corbyn

All Corybin was talking about is utilities and infrastructure. ;) And decided to regard the net as a utility which in many ways it is and something of a mess. If I want to move off adsl I can only use one supplier. Very competitive. All down to leaving BT for just major highways and private sector for anything else. This is probably why Corbyn hoped to involve Virgin. Correctly on other utilities he feels artificial markets just do not work.

80 seat majority, nothing like that has been achieved since thatcher, and the lefty's think they'll overthrow him because he had glass of wine and a slice of cake on his birthday and called out the director of the CPS for failing in his duties???
Nothing like it since Thatcher?
Check out election results 1997 !

One project seems to have gone pink meat. It goes Boris made a very good job of running London because he had good advisors around him. It went pink from red when people started saying running a country is a little bit more tricky than running a city. Or maybe this will be pushed harder soon. ;) Not sure what people of London thought of his performance but there seems to be a lot of Labour MP's associated with London. That area is also said to have voted remain overall.

The new media man is ex or has worked for the BBC. The chief of staff Steve Barclay is a sort of military man who is/was a solicitor. Also a cabinet member, Minister for the Cabinet Office. Some feel holding both positions will be too much work.

Next red meat. Just suspicion. An earlier increase in the min wage or a larger increase. It looks like some feel they must do something about the cost of living. That doesn't mean that people can live well on it but sounds good for many.

Not as good as Ken, but 100 times better than the tosser in power now.
Red Ken was so left that he was kept at arms length by Labour.
Boris is or was rather left for a Tory so he was at arms length too until recently.

The parties tend to be pendulums and swing according to who they want to beat but have constraints on what they can actually do.

There is talk of giving other mayors the same powers as the London one has. No idea what that means. The change if it happens is said to be part of devolution.

This is ours. The John Lewis improvement looks like it was unsustainable. To me he comes across as a wet lettuce.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Street

Narrowly beat this bloke who I feel was a poor choice given circumstances and maybe on ability as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siôn_Simon

I've just checked the news, he's still the PM. Suck it up.

He could survive due to the difficulty of replacing him. Right from the start he has been seem as an election winner. Persona more than anything else. ;)Refreshing compared with the usual :ROFLMAO: maybe. But that seems to be getting up a number of peoples wicks. Then comes his current baggage and new MP's with different ideas. Probably don;t want to be in opposition as well. That can be a ruling factor and always wins in the end,

Sponsored Links
Back