Key stuck in my lock and will not turn (Avocet ABS Eurocylinder)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My door key is stuck in the lock in the rotated position. I cannot turn the key or pull it out. I have attached a picture.
I am wondering if anyone can advise on this?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20221204_141444.jpg
    20221204_141444.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
Assuming the door opens towards you, lean heavily on the door or bang with your fist in the lock area whilst turning the key incas the bolt is tight to the side off the keep

Sponsored Links
Assuming the door opens towards you, lean heavily on the door or bang with your fist in the lock area whilst turning the key incas the bolt is tight to the side off the keep
Tried this but not budging unfortunately

try pushing the key into the keyhole before trying to turn. Firmly but gentle (square push in).

When you get the door open make sure the retaining screw for the Eurolock Cylinder is tight.

Get some WD40 on it - let it soak in. Locksmiths use vibrating grips. You obviously won't have those available but rapid jiggling might do the trick. Be careful turning with grips or anything, if you break the key in the lock things get a lot more complicated.

try pushing the key into the keyhole before trying to turn. Firmly but gentle (square push in).

When you get the door open make sure the retaining screw for the Eurolock Cylinder is tight.

Also try pulling the key back slightly as you turn.

Remove just the one screw at the door edge. Turn key 45 degrees and lock should pull out. Don't take 30 seconds.

Now have a look at lock. Maybe go buy another if it is jammed from local spares trade centre or locksmith shop.
Watch YouTube if you need to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back