Knife attack in Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should be locked.

Some of the comments are frankly disgraceful and I can't believe there are some people sympathising with the terrorists.

Sponsored Links
This thread should be locked.

Some of the comments are frankly disgraceful and I can't believe there are some people sympathising with the terrorists.

How about freedom of speech and all that waffle :idea:

To them they may be freedom fighters :idea:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
True but its not like he has any kind of life, friends or family. Trolling in the interweb is all he has. Dont be mean to him. Pity him. Poor lonely, sad, friendless JD. Mind you Noseal buddies up to him from time to time....oops sorry . Thats not nice is it.
They both manage almost troll stature in their posts. At the same time both so easy to bait.

Its 2020. Some countries , some religions grew up with time
I think it's fair to say that the religion didn't grow up, it lost a lot of its followers, and those it retained became less ardent.
Follow the line of reasoning, if you can, and you'll see what you did there.

In case you can't see what you did there, you lost the plot.

How about freedom of speech and all that waffle :idea:

To them they may be freedom fighters :idea:

I didn't realise freedom of speech included chopping people's heads off because they don't share the same ideals as oneself.

People can air their opinions, but saying the perpetrator was within his right to carry out such an abhorrent attack in the name of free speech is frankly rediculous.

Especially when those same people complain that armed felons are shot by police, or agree that 13 year old girls are ok to be kidnapped and raped and forced into marriage,

I know there's a whole side debate around how 'free' we actually are in Western society, however compared to certain other parts of the world we undoubtedly are (free that is.)

Part of that freedom is being able to hold things up to scrutiny, to satirise them and even poke fun and ridicule. Although appreciating the sensitivities, I include religion in the aforementioned. I would go as far as to say, if a person and/or group and/or country cannot grasp this concept, many of their views and values will not be compatible with those in what was previously referred to as the free world.

I didn't realise freedom of speech included chopping people's heads off because they don't share the same ideals as oneself.

People can air their opinions, but saying the perpetrator was within his right to carry out such an abhorrent attack in the name of free speech is frankly rediculous.

Especially when those same people complain that armed felons are shot by police, or agree that 13 year old girls are ok to be kidnapped and raped and forced into marriage,

Well I. Agree with you

How ever there is the right of freedom. Of speech some thing that is often shut down by those who play the race card at every opuurtunity

My god imagine Not the 9oclocknews, Harry Enfield, the Fast show etc now. Such a shame we've bowed to so many offended people who now send death threats instead of just thinking ok fair game they are just having a laugh at everyone.

That applies to anyone. I have to say the other day that black comedian who quipped about Winston Churchill being black was funny by adding. "By the way he was. I can prove it, when was the last time you met a white man called Winston?"
However, that's fine you set a precedent there let's not hear you complain if whites too make a quip about someone such as Nelson actually being white or whatever. (could be sensitive that one!) I think he knew in this age we are fair game and wouldn't have risked using that joke about the prophet because it could have had a v different outcome.

That applies to anyone. I have to say the other day that black comedian who quipped about Winston Churchill being black was funny by adding. "By the way he was. I can prove it, when was the last time you met a white man called Winston?"

That's actually quite funny. I always admired Dave Allen, took the P out of the Irish and Catholics in particular although he was one himself. Despite seemingly being anti religion, he always ended his later shows with the phrase 'may your God go with you', I liked that, it crossed bridges, it shut down a lot of discrimination, everyone can have a God.

Get this: after a doing a comedy sketch about the Pope, Dave was banned from performing in Ireland and received death threats from the IRA.

**** me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back