learning german

BOB.DOLE said:
splinter said:
Slogger said:
ok ok u got me worried

how about spanish whats that like to

and i really only need the basics as my grasp of the english lingo is basic :LOL:

One thing you need for learning a new langauge is not to be put off :LOL:

KOMEN SPRECKEN DUTCH!

jij wat?

Sponsored Links
nehmen sie platz splinter
and have a drink of das bier bitte

wo sind sie gestern abend gewesen?

i can actually speak some german, got taught at school. i found them really confusing then, but fairly easy now, not sure why. I can still remember some really useful phrases we got taught (ill put the english meaning to avoid my awful german spelling)

my leg is broken

here comes the secret police

its not a thief its a cow

its raining, can i have an ice cream?

WHY??????

Slogger said:
i fancy learning this lingo as it looks easy to learn

where would be the best place to learn it online with helpfull germans via some sort of voice program

you could try Skype....if not helpful, they might be friendly ;)

Sponsored Links
mlb3c said:
Slogger said:
i fancy learning this lingo as it looks easy to learn

where would be the best place to learn it online with helpfull germans via some sort of voice program

you could try Skype....if not helpful, they might be friendly ;)

hi mlb3 hows the horses

Linc said:
Take it from me..German is NOT an easy language to learn.
I disagree, on this and other points. I learned German in exactly the same way, and, moreover, when in Germany in June I found all locals to be exceedingly helpful whenever my German was lacking.

Softus said:
Linc said:
Take it from me..German is NOT an easy language to learn.
I disagree, on this and other points. I learned German in exactly the same way, and, moreover, when in Germany in June I found all locals to be exceedingly helpful whenever my German was lacking.

You have only learned some German ,not much better than the rest of us then :LOL:

That's right - I haven't learned all the German in the universe. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
I disagree.........

Being new to this Forum, but having taken the opportunity to read many other Posts, including yours, I feel quite honoured to be amongst the many people with whom you disagree!

Linc said:
Take it from me..German is NOT an easy language to learn. .

Two things occurred to me; if German is such a difficult language then how come 80 million people learnt it no problem? English is also said to be a 'difficult language', partly due the lack of rules on pronunciation of different letter groups, but we all managed that ok didn't we?

As I understand English is not too difficult to learn, the pronunciation and grammer can be a pain, but the sentence construction is fairly robust. You can really mess up the layout of the words but still get across your point. Getting fluent with English takes a lot of effort - ask any chav to see my point.

If you want really difficult try Hungarian I studied it for the best part of two years and found it very trying. Fun though. And they don't have genders which helps, in fact they don't use he or she just it!

hermes said:
Linc said:
Take it from me..German is NOT an easy language to learn. .
Two things occurred to me; if German is such a difficult language then how come 80 million people learnt it no problem? English is also said to be a 'difficult language', partly due the lack of rules on pronunciation of different letter groups, but we all managed that ok didn't we?
Take it from me, even French isn't difficult, my 4 years old nephew speaks it fluently. (Can't utter a word Dutch though, bit of a problem when visiting his grandparents, only knows the word for pannekoeken).

Sponsored Links
Back