Different use of language

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I encountered a new term today...

A "one-way discussion". My OH had a "one-way discussion" with me today, and she assures me that it's not the same as "telling someone off". It turns out that a "one-way discussion" is where you tell someone what they've done wrong, and what they must do in future to prevent further one-way discussions. :idea:

I learned something today...

I learned that women don't like it when you start one-way discussions with them. In fact, they quickly turn into two-way discussions. :eek:

I tried starting the discussion with the same words that she did, but apparently I must have got the wording wrong. Thinking it might be down to the pitch of my voice I went all high-pitched and did an impersonation of her voice whilst repeating exactly what she had just said, but if anything that just made the situation worse. :confused:

My question is: Is this the only difference in use of language between men and women, or are there any other expressions I should be on the look-out for? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I fear that you are misinterpreting the concept of a "discussion".

A monologue or indeed a soliloqui is what the fairer sex partake in - it's not for the likes of us to have any verbal input into the proceedings.

Sponsored Links
Strange how even words mean different things to different people....
To an Ornithologist, a Shag is a seabird,,,,,,,
To a pipe smoker , Shag is a type of tobacco,,,,,,

Now to me,,,, :D :D :D

Strange how even words mean different things to different people....
To an Ornithologist, a s**g is a seabird,,,,,,,
To a pipe smoker , s**g is a type of tobacco,,,,,,

Now to me,,,, :D :D :D
Something to do with carpets? :confused:

Burns on the knees :confused: same as (Scottish ) water on the knees

Your mistake was the level you spoke at, I always mumble under my breath and this always results in zero confrontations. ;)

I'm afraid that in the event of a one-way conversation starting, all you can do is appear to listen in an attentive manner :rolleyes:

Blees 'em :LOL:

half way through the "discussion" start using sign language, doesn't matter if you havn't a clue what you are saying, she'll have no idea either :D

Sponsored Links
Back