Like fruitcake? Head to Norfolk

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is that a Labour council?

I see that 1 of the comments was really that they were just in the wrong place ? Much better to have a different type of tree in that area ?

Not unduly concerned either way, but if resources have to be spent year on year just keeping the area tidy and safe (it's a quayside) then a different type of tree seems to make sense, apart from the headlines of course

The Council is happy to leave unguarded hundreds of yards of quayside by a tidal river, though

Blup

from the article: 'fruit drops off, nobody claims it...and children pick it up and chuck it at each other."
It's shocking how many people walk past ripe fruit every autumn without even picking one for a snack, let alone the benefit of free food. A sign of the times, i suppose. Unless it's pre-packed and priced up they just don't want to know.

from the article: 'fruit drops off, nobody claims it...and children pick it up and chuck it at each other."
It's shocking how many people walk past ripe fruit every autumn without even picking one for a snack, let alone the benefit of free food. A sign of the times, i suppose. Unless it's pre-packed and priced up they just don't want to know.
Always try to pick blackberries, but only those above head height. I would love to have the bottle to try some fungi foraging, but there's always that nagging doubt that I may be about to top myself. Even with a bit of knowledge there is still a worry.

It's more the fact that some numpty has defined a tree as "hazardous" and a 'safety issue" when in fact it's just a tree. Obviously, there are times when a tree may become dangerous, perhaps when its old or diseased, but until then it's just a tree and not something normal people would expect a risk assessment for.

It's a nonsense path to take when someone is walking around looking for the remotest danger in everyday objects.

I am sure that more people misstep off the kerb or walk into a lamppost than get injured by a wayward apple.

Always try to pick blackberries, but only those above head height. I would love to have the bottle to try some fungi foraging, but there's always that nagging doubt that I may be about to top myself. Even with a bit of knowledge there is still a worry.
I used to walk miles in search of b.berries then decided to make room at the top of the garden and grew them...and grew them...and grew - my life! those buggrs put out feelers like a Quatermass Experiment.o_O I've let 'em grow over the wall to keep farmer's sheep at bay and, eventually, cut 'em back to size but at their height i'd find about 10lb of fruit. Still have jam from 2020 in the cupboard.
'Shrooming is an art and i can recognise a few but take a pocket guide with you, just to be safe. Even an expert can make a mistake.(y)

I think Bonzai may be acceptable
Banzai? A small tree which charges at you whilst screaming?

On the bonkers them at least one local school has banned conkers. I have started to wonder when the zealots will be round to cut down the three beautiful mature horse chestnut trees outside the primary school in the village?

Sponsored Links
Back