take your dog to work

Sponsored Links
My mate used to have a Jack Russell terrier that climbed ladders to get on the scaffold. Bloody thing couldn't climb down again though. ;) ;)

Tried to take my dog to work once.
Boss turned her away, said wives belong at home. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
One day fixing a leak on my single storey workshop roof, I turned round to see my alsatian climbing the ladder...nobody taught her...she just did it...Nearly broke my neck getting her back down though.

Her party piece was climbing kids slides on the park...sliding down and running round for another go.

One day fixing a leak on my single storey workshop roof, I turned round to see my alsatian climbing the ladder...nobody taught her...she just did it...Nearly broke my neck getting her back down though.

Her party piece was climbing kids slides on the park...sliding down and running round for another go.

:LOL: :LOL: nice 1,
oh just for info,there called g.s.d's now alsation (name)has been dropped. ;)

When I was a teenager I was told there are Alsations and German Shepherd Dogs. Don't know what the difference was supposed to be. Why are they all called GSD's these days?

Hate them bloody things!!!
Made a rule at our monthly meetings that they will not be used, anyone that uses them has to explain what they are on about in 'Plain English'.

KPI's, YTD, PEPP, GPA, GPE and so on!!
For crying out loud! We have a language which consists of words, not just an alphabet!

When I was a teenager I was told there are Alsations and German Shepherd Dogs. Don't know what the difference was supposed to be. Why are they all called GSD's these days?

They were introduced after the great war, the Tommies had seen the magnificent animals running round the trenches doing errands b from what i've heard.

A mate of mine in Germany was a baker by night and a sheperd during the day, i never saw him with a female :LOL: , on the continent the sheperd has wolves to contend with hence they need a large dog, usually a pair that will stand up to a wolf pack, the average border collie hasn't got what it takes, their real name is "Deutsche Schaeferhunde" which translates "German Sheperd Dog" or G.S.D.

The best looking dog in the world, probably.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d...Q&biw=1024&bih=648&sei=md6VT4raLqKr0QXMqOyBAg

Yes Pred. Magnificent animals indeed.
My eldest sister used to have an Alsation when I was about 13 and she could take a dolly mixture from between your teeth with out slobbering over you. Think she lived till she was about 11 human years though can't be certain.

Lovely dogs just a shame they can fall foul to arthritis and CDRM in later age.
Both mine suffered arthritis in the rear legs at old age. :cry:

I had a dog who did the same, I called him Rufus .

We worked at thatching, it had its ups and downs.

In fairness we had most jobs covered .

We got plenty in , after all we had a good pitch.

We got the work done by hook or by crook, of course.

I had two bad tempered apprentices; last names Stewart and Steiger. Yes, a real pair of Cross Rods

We thatched part of bingo hall once - although thinking about it , it might have been the full house.

I once made a Straw Santa on a roof, for Christmas Eave.

My boss was tight and had a set on me, he had a bit of a cheek to be fair.

He gave me the right needle the way he used to gadd about although he had bottle.

So tight he used to dock our pay for any straw that was Gone with the Wind- he counted every single one, a real Gable Clerk.

His firm was no good- too many sheafs and not enough Indians.

I had to legget like a Dutchman, if you get my drift.

My downfall was working in the rain.....it was a slippery slope.

Not to worry, I picked myself up out of the gutter.

I got into trouble for my flashing, but I told the judge it was just a half coat that showed my arris , sorry I mean butt.

He let me off when I promised to improve my dressing.

At times it was a bit of a rush when we ran out of material.

I wrote a book about it, not a good reed.

Okay I realise that one was probably the last straw - but hay......

Lovely dogs just a shame they can fall foul to arthritis and CDRM in later age.
Both mine suffered arthritis in the rear legs at old age. :cry:

My last one did in her last year...shame,she was a great dog.

50c600bd.jpg

And this is my ladder climber some years before...she was put down shortly after this picture with kidney failure...The oldest alsatian the vet had treated,aged just over 19.Totally deaf for her last three years, and learned to follow directions by watching my every move and my sign language.

74926957.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back