take your dog to work

truley magnificent dogs,
out of the pics that were in the link there were only about 4 white ones,which is what i have.
mind you even though they are now lumped together under the gsd banner,white 1s are actually classed as 'swedish shepard dogs'

:D

Sponsored Links
When I was a teenager I was told there are Alsations and German Shepherd Dogs. Don't know what the difference was supposed to be. Why are they all called GSD's these days?

Think they would have been Alsatians when you were a teenager, due to being at war with the Germans. :p

Calling anything German then wouldn't have been popular.

Never had Alsatian measles though.

truley magnificent dogs,
out of the pics that were in the link there were only about 4 white ones,which is what i have.
mind you even though they are now lumped together under the gsd banner,white 1s are actually classed as 'swedish shepard dogs'

:D

We had a white one a few years back, due to inbreeding they can have mental disorders due to a small gene pool, they can be either thick as two short planks or viscious, ours was a dumb blonde, brilliant with kids that walked up to her and as they patted her on the head would ask if she's ok or does she bite? :confused:

Lovely dogs just a shame they can fall foul to arthritis and CDRM in later age.
Both mine suffered arthritis in the rear legs at old age. :cry:

The first time we encountered CDRM we thought it was hip displacia, the vet assured us if we were mega rich there was nothing you could do apart from fitting a pair of wheels, the dog was approxamatly 5yrs old when we had him put to sleep, then another dog developed it aged 9, my wife went on the net and there are pages and pages of it now, it's similar to MS in humans, we gave him mega doses of mainly vitamins and herbal suppliments, he was eventually put to sleep aged 13, although there was no cure the condition did not get worse, it's not only GSD that can be afflicted but most other dogs of similar stature and size, telltale signs are they drag their rear paws and wear their nails away, don't always listen to your vet, do your own research.

http://www.mzjf.com/2-hearts-2.htm

Sponsored Links
We had a white one a few years back, due to inbreeding they can have mental disorders due to a small gene pool, they can be either thick as two short planks or viscious, ours was a dumb blonde, brilliant with kids that walked up to her and as they patted her on the head would ask if she's ok or does she bite? :confused:[/quote]

any gsd can have problems with inbreeding,thankfully people are now understanding what to look for,ie correct paper work etc,plus forums like 'BIGGSD' that have a vast knowledge base.

our 1 is our 2nd white,1st sadly had to be pts at about 14 years old.back legs totally gave out over night.SHE was fantastic with children,especially mine, protective when needed.whites do tend to be a bit scatty though :D

Back