London cyclists dropping like flies

Most people? Completely unquantified. Free loaders? Pay money into the pot first?
They already do, roads are funded by general taxation.

Should non-motorists that also don't cycle receive a tax rebate for the roads they don't use? No.

Can you reference anything regarding this protest? News link?
I'm not willing to form an opinion of it off the back of your word alone.

Maybe they want the millions of pounds they already pay (through taxes) to better represent their needs? Although this is.spurious, I'm not going to defend them as I have no idea what it is you are on about.

I confess that I'm becoming a little confused now.

Earlier, you said that you think motorists should not have to pay 'road tax' (let's not argue about what it's called, please). I agree with you.

So neither motorists, cyclists or pedestrians should pay any additional 'road tax'. I agree.

But pedestrians, who indirectly contribute to the roads in general taxation should not receive any rebate.

Don't you think that's a little unfair on pedestrians?

No because pedestrians receive indirect benefits of the road system, i.e. It is there and it works in their favour.
That's why it's a part of general taxation, not consumer taxation.

Anyway, I've eaten curry and consumed much beer, i'll argue tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
ive only read a little of this thread. I'm a motorist through and through and cyclists dont get on my wick.I cant be doing with the old school pedal malarki (im too lazy :D ) however, IMO if driving a car etc. wasnt made dear/hard work then there would be a lot more traffic and a lot more pollution. i think the only reason people dont like it when cyclists skip a light is because theyre jealous. If skipping that light was so much of an advantage we'd all be at halfords getting our lycra pulled down! but we're too lazy and used to our comforts! The tax motorists pay may be high, but if it was lower there would be more traffic and the bikes would p*ss you off even more. Maybe more safety equipment should be worn when on a bicycle thats all i think!

(Do you really think my neighbour could be a cross-dresser? I might go over and ask her.)

If that's the only answer you can provide, I will let you concede the argument to me.

'Treehugger'? Sounds like a completely unbiased web site.

And the Grauniad's 'Bike blogger'? Now that must be unbiased.

Baised, maybe, but how biased are your sources?

Oh wait, you don't have any, you just make **** up as you go along.

:LOL:

Anyway, I've eaten curry and consumed much beer, i'll argue tomorrow.

Where you went wrong there caveman, was to go mad with the curry.

Always badly affects your judgement, curry does. Well known fact. It's the chillies, you know. ;)

Next time, drink as much as you like, just lay off the hot stuff.

Sponsored Links
There's pics on the 'net of cyclists holding a mass 'die-in' in London to protest about the recent spate of deaths.

A high proportion of them are wearing dark clothes and no high-vis. :rolleyes:

(Do you really think my neighbour could be a cross-dresser? I might go over and ask her.)

If that's the only answer you can provide, I will let you concede the argument to me.

'Treehugger'? Sounds like a completely unbiased web site.

And the Grauniad's 'Bike blogger'? Now that must be unbiased.

Baised, maybe, but how biased are your sources?

Oh wait, you don't have any, you just make s**t up as you go along.

:LOL:

Bored now.

There's pics on the 'net of cyclists holding a mass 'die-in' in London to protest about the recent spate of deaths.

A high proportion of them are wearing dark clothes and no high-vis. :rolleyes:

What on earth are they protesting about? They're likely to be the ones who caused their own deaths!

Back