London cyclists dropping like flies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another guy has died today, how many is that now this year?
Why do people still insist on riding bikes in that mad traffic?

Sponsored Links
There should be cycle lanes and cycle ways.

Poor man. I live and work in London and I criss cross this capital almost daily and I truly believe the roads are getting more and more dangerous, with drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians taking pointless, dangerous and unnecessary risks. I see things daily that make my eyes bleed.

Sponsored Links
we've all seen cylists running over red lights, going up one-way's the wrong way, etc. but it's premature to assume that in this case the person was a victim of his own stupidity.

In one of the pictures there is a green cyclepath with a barrier and a crossing.

There are plenty of witnesses, and probably CCTV too, so no doubt we will find out later what happened.

I've been all round the central Croydon area where the accident happened, many times.

There's room for cycle lanes.

Room can be made for cycle lanes on all busy streets.

5482831-large.jpg

what's that green thing?

I wouldn't comment on the specific case apart from extending my sympathy to the family.

Regarding cycling in general though, if bicycles were a new invention they would never get approval for use on the road on safety grounds alone. They would be confined to leisure use off road like the segway.

At the very least helmets lights and hi-vis should be compulsory. Years ago my daughter fell off her bike on the way to school hitting her head on the kerb stone, thank goodness she had listened to us and worn her helmet despite the stupid comments from other kids!

There's only ever been room for 'Bits' of cycle lanes in London. The 'bits' don't stop because the borough council run out of money, they stop because there's no roooom.

Sponsored Links
Back