Luton airport fire

And 100 per cent it spread so quickly by non electric vehicles combustible fuel tanks?

Blup
Lucky it wasn't surrounded by more leccy vehicles. Would have been far worse.

Sponsored Links
If it was started by an electric car, car parks might have to be re-thought so that elecric cars can't be parked next to petrol, diesel or gas powered vehicles.

When a petrol car catches fire people don’t react. But when an EV cooks off it’s a scandal

Sponsored Links
BBC reports that the fire was started by a diesel car.
Fire chief Andy Hopkinson says it is thought the fire started with a diesel car, and then spread through the car park.

He said up to 1,500 vehicles could have been in the car park, which has a capacity of 1,900, at the time of the fire.

Live in Luton@BBCnews

Looks like the R-ingers are rong - again. :mrgreen:

And 100 per cent it spread so quickly by non electric vehicles combustible fuel tanks?

Blup
Yep. 100% the petrol in your car ignites and combusts when you introduce a source of ignition to it i.e . A spark from the spark plug. It’s how they work. (y)

Fire chief Andy Hopkinson says it is thought the fire started with a diesel car, and then spread through the car park.

He said up to 1,500 vehicles could have been in the car park, which has a capacity of 1,900, at the time of the fire.

Live in Luton@BBCnews

Looks like the R-ingers are rong - again. :mrgreen:

I might be wrong but, don't think the cause has been reported nor what was surrounding it.
lets not let facts ruin a good thread

---------------

I know electric batteries can and do burn well, but can they be ignited by flames and or heat, or can they only burst into flames due to short circuits?
I'm thinking they would catch fire in a fire but not certain.

When he says it is thought it means his guys have identified the source of the fire, it’s how they work

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back