Mairead Philpott

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else feel sorry for this woman?
I don't know the full facts of what happened but from what I've read she was a young single mother when she met this pure bstrd Philpot. She is obviously not the full shilling, and it looks like she ended up totally controlled by a violent, domineering, manipulative bully. She ended up losing six of her children because of him and although the judge in the case acknowledged the levels of abuse she had undergone at his hands she still gave her a seventeen year prison sentence. I don't know, I just feel that she is as much a victim of this evil bstrd as anyone, she has had her life completely ruined from the moment she met him, poor cow.
I feel she needs help more than punishment, does anyone else agree?

Sponsored Links
Yes, she was abused. But she could have got help. She could have walked away.

I know.

Where was the mothering, protective instinct?

She'll get a dogs life inside anyway. But from what I can see that's what she's always had.

Sponsored Links
Yes, she was abused. But she could have got help. She could have walked away.

I know.

Where was the mothering, protective instinct?

I'm not so sure, like I said I don't think she is all there and she was dominated by a much older man who had no thought for anyone but himself. It's been stated that he used the threat of extreme violence as one means to control the younger women who seem to have been in thrall to him.

Can't be with a mistress living under the same roof and both expecting babies at the same time.

That's my point, this monster preyed on her type, much younger, vulnerable women with lower than average intelligence.
Then he used them as cash cows literally, popping out kids left right and centre for the benefits.
I don't want this to become about the benefit system that's a seperate argument, I just feel that this poor cow didn't stand a chance against this evil fcker and maybe, just maybe deserves some sympathy.

The Philpotts wanted a bigger house - now they are in the big house. That's where they belong.

Accordingly the sentence I pass is one of 17 years imprisonment. You will serve half of that period.
So it's really just 8 yrs in prison :?:

After serving half her sentence she will be released on 'licence' with conditions attached and placed under supervision. If she breaches the conditions she can be sent back to do the rest of her time.

Mick Philpott will have to persuade the parole board that he should be released and doesn't get an opportunity to even start that process for 15 years. I know a couple of people on the parole board socially and they tell me that they don't like letting people like him out ever. From what they tell me, he will never be released. But who knows for sure, the question will first arise in 2028.

His final gesture was a V sign to the public gallery - that gesture ensures he will never be released.

Sponsored Links
Back