Mairead Philpott

If she worked she couldn't have been that do-lally - and why was she claiming benefits?

Sponsored Links
They represent, to many people, the epitome of scum. There are estates full of them in every town (well nearly every town). One day a mystery virus will wipe them all out. Probably one spread via bargain booze and supercigs outlets, and the conspiracy theorists will blame the government....

[/dreaming]

They should pay - but the house should not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-22057212

There are plenty that need a house and would not be concerned about its past.
We have so few left IMO it should not be knocked down.

I'm not so sure Matty. Would you want to live in a house where 5 children all died on the same night? I'm sure there's lots of people who wouldn't want to move into that house if it were to be refurbished. ;) ;)

If she worked she couldn't have been that do-lally - and why was she claiming benefits?

Well Joe, even family working tax credits are a benefit. She worked, but who's bank account was her wages paid into? Not her own, but Mick Philpott's, such was his control over her.

Sponsored Links
So she worked and claimed Tax Credits and he didn't claim then? If he was on benefits - which ones? :confused:

There's plenty of people who aren't all there who go to work. Not many of them have their wages paid in to some other bstrds bank account though.

Plenty of bullied halfwits out there would do anything for an easy life.
Sad, but true.

But surely the line's drawn letting someone set fire to the house, with their children sleeping upstairs.

String her up Sooey.

She wasn't a proper functioning adult lmb, simple as that.
I put 99.9 % of the blame squarely on the shoulders of that cretin she was married to.
Her subsequent actions are hard to understand I agree, how can anyone be so downtrodden?

But two weeks later they were both laughing and singing Karaoke in the local pub.

Lets get rid of these people.

They represent, to many people, the epitome of scum. There are estates full of them in every town (well nearly every town). One day a mystery virus will wipe them all out. Probably one spread via bargain booze and supercigs outlets, and the conspiracy theorists will blame the government....

[/dreaming]

What an encouraging thought. Unlikely to happen, but what a lovely country this would then become. I don't suppose anyone would miss them...

...except for other scum and do-gooders.

Sooey has nailed this one... most people don't understand how manipulative some people (men) can be... for example "Big John" says "we're gonna do the bank today"... Janie say "ok, do you want me to make sandwiches?"

Mick Phillpot had already laughed at his multi-sexual partner situation on tv. He controlled the women that entered his life,

When he decided to set fire to a house full of kids, he signed his own death penalty. Yet she believed his stories about saving them.. she intended no harm (but allowed the risk of harm to happen) - yet Mick (the Prick) decided those kids should suffer the risk of his gamble...

Kill Mick, and chuck her in jail for half a dozen years !

It's amazing what an influence someone can have on another person.

I don't buy it. If she were that la-la she could never hold a job down. They were partners in crime - simple as that.

Joe, if I had a large family, was on benefits and in need of a house I.E. I was in a flat etc then yes I would.

Lots of houses have a chequered history but can continue to provide suitable housing.
This is going to take not 1 but 2 houses and a shedload of public money yet there will be many that would appreciate the house (once repaired) but the namby-pamby'ists would rather waste it all.

It has been said that many of those on the estate are scum, do you really think the same scum will say no to a bigger house?

Council tenants are a breed apart, like some kind of social experiment that went wrong. The Neandertals never did die out.

There are plenty who fit that description, not just council tenants either, and plenty who don't. Dumb generalisation.

Sponsored Links
Back