Man made climate change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
If the sea is rising why do the world banks still give out loans to buy properties on coastal land
Again, any actual examples of this? Any links might explain why they still do it.

No, I'm trying to get you to clarify what you actually mean. You claim lots of "stuff" but never back anything up.
You are completely impossible to talk to - you either act dumb or you are just dumb or live in a cave - or both.
Look here is a reminder of the conversation for you.

Not to mention the sheer coincidence that it can all be solved by handing more money and authority to the state. Please allow me some cynicism there.

That is a different argument, but I don't know anyone who is actually claiming that.
I have been talking about exactly that and there are many realising the same
Who are realising the same?

You always pretend ignorance. Go and stand in the middle of your local and shout out the question.

Look here is a reminder of the conversation for you.
I know what it said and was only seeking clarification which you continually refuse to give. That is your issue, not mine.

Sponsored Links
There are a lot of caveats in that piece

decreases yields of major cereal crops in some regions
Increased temperatures, changes in precipitation patterns, increased ozone concentrations, and more frequent and extreme heatwaves, floods, and droughts can reduce crop yields, particularly in the tropics, with risks increasing with additional warming depending on the region.
Lower crop yields increase stunting and wasting, particularly in low-income and middle-income countries.
Other modeling estimates also project

And they also say
Higher CO2 concentrations increase photosynthesis in C3 plants (eg, wheat, rice, potatoes, barley), which can increase crop yields.

Higher CO2 concentrations increase photosynthesis in C3 plants (eg, wheat, rice, potatoes, barley), which can increase crop yields.
The next sentence,

"But those increases come at the cost of lower nutritional quality as plants accumulate more carbohydrates and less minerals (eg, iron and zinc), which can negatively affect human nutrition"

Increased CO2 doesn't mean increased plant growth in practice. It's a common oil talking point but it falls apart in the real world.

It can work in greenhouses, but it doesn't work in the field.

I checked out the source of the BBC alarmist report and that graph and here is the Abstract in blue from the authors And my comments in black bold.

I agree that the BBC report and others are rather click baity. It takes away from the main findings of the research. The point really being made here is that the temperature measurements from the nineteenth century might not be as reliable as we would like. And this tree ring research is trying to find a more accurate way of gauging those temperatures. What they have found is that the recorded temperatures from the nineteenth century are a bit too high. And what they are saying is that this means there has been more global warming since pre-industrial times than we previously realised. We might already have gone over the 1.5C warming point.

Last edited:
I agree that the BBC report and others are rather click baity. It takes away from the main findings of the research.
And this is why we have loons gluing themselves to the road, and the massive increase in child anxiety - what are we doing to our children under the guise of "protecting them" from the weather ! The nonsense needs to stop. The fear campaign, a-la "next slide please" in order to get people to comply needs to stop.
The continued catastrophizing - read "the seas are boiling" is having the opposite effect that it is intended for.

And this is why we have loons gluing themselves to the road, and the massive increase in child anxiety - what are we doing to our children under the guise of "protecting them" from the weather ! The nonsense needs to stop. The fear campaign, a-la "next slide please" in order to get people to comply needs to stop.
The continued catastrophizing - read "the seas are boiling" is having the opposite effect that it is intended for.

If the research is correct, it means that global warming is actually happening faster than was previously thought. That seems to have got lost somehow.

And this is why we have loons gluing themselves to the road
They might argue that they do it to keep it on the front page because some loons don't believe man made climate change is a thing. It takes all sorts...

Through out mankind's history the human race has thrived in warmer climates - seems to me that this is something that the elites do not want to happen.

And this tree ring research
The first COP went awol due to someone noticing a small part of that not matching other factors. It's been stated that the person who pushed that has career aspects associated with oil. Politicians then with good reason look for decent reasons to ignore the problem as it will cause a lot of upheaval. Tree ring growth can vary for a number of reasons. It's 2ndry evidence. The main measure of CO2 is in the ice caps via when the ice formed.

Now they see it as a problem and also that it means jobs so all countries want as much of that as they can get their hands on. Economic warfare is starting to figure. It's interesting to note that oil and gas prices and availability also have an influence.

Personally I don't think enough attention has been given to deforestation. That was predicted to result in climate change long before C02 cropped up and is also related to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back