menvier TS690 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
and as this is a diy forum, why dont you anserw the op and tell him how to change it himself? or as i guess you are going to keep this knowledge to yourself, to enable companies in your industry to take nearly £300 from this man.

says all there is to be said about you, youd rather him stump up nearly £300 then help him, just why are you posting in this thread? oh to defend the actions of a £300 battery change.

i hope sparkymarka shows up later and helps this guy and im sure he will.
And why don't you think about the nonsense you write.

Clueless and dangerous, that's you. But eh, you got a bargain off ebay.

Sponsored Links
read what the op posted, £282 to change the battery, to change the battery to change the battery, thats what he said.

"My alarm people are charging £282 to come out and replace the back up battery in my Ts690. I think this is excessive" £250 is a rip off rougue trader advantage taking rip off, but then again you already no about people in your trade staeling equipment and selling it and then getting the sack, £250 to change a battery is also stealing in my mind.

lol nearly £300 quid to change a battery, on a domestic - rouges.
It seems it's you, yet again, that is having trouble reading.

You know jack about the job, what's entailed, what a good company would do etc etc. No self respecting company would just tip up and simply change a battery - that's the domain of the cowboys.

So, what you think is excessive doesn't really matter does it seen as you are totally unaware of the issues involved. But then, price is everything to you, not the quality or actually getting the job done properly.

Oh, and like i said, read carefully.

Agreed

When changing a battery i think a service is mandatory to make sure the system is operating properly.

Agreed

When changing a battery i think a service is mandatory to make sure the system is operating properly.

we are taking about price at the minute, also op why do you call them "my alarm company", how old is your system, did they install it? you under any kind of service plan with them, give as many details as you can, if you dont mind. do you own the system out right? and are they the only people that know your engineer code?

why dont you try a experiment, email them and getting it in writing from them on what the cost is to replace a faulty battery, with a break down of costs including vat, and what is included in that price (what are you actually getting?)

id be interested to hear back from you if your willing to give a little more info, and why you belive the battery is at fault, and did you ring them and simply say to them something along the lines of "how much to supply and fit a battery" what was the reply what did they say they would do etc for that £282 heart stopper.

also as a point of reference im going to use the replace a hard drive in a computer example, for the replacing a battery in a alarm panel, both 240v dropped down to 12v (or many different as in a pc) because i belive thats a fair example.

who on here would pay £262+ parts to change a hard drive?

and as for the service when changing the battery (if they do that) a replacement hard drive would needs a copy of windows loading, and alsoo a check etc to make sure the new hardrive worked, in the same sense the engineer giving a panel a service.

i use the above example

Interting thread running elsewhere at the moment where the end user thought the Alarm company were having his trousers down. Not a happy bunny and making it clear the company were bang out of order and knew nowt.

Seems yet again, he was the one in the wrong and is about to get a hefty bill for his troubles, all because he was trying to do cheap.

Sponsored Links
A battery is changed under a few conditions.

A service.
A fault.
A change due to age.

All with a reputable company will check all system parameters and charging rates, to include transformer input and output. AUX power at all outputs. Earth faults and a few other tests.

We have no idea on the contracts in place or the standard call out charges.
Forget Ebay for prices, resellers are allowed to charge what they want, RRP is a guide.
Personally I give below RRP but charge labour accordingly.
Do we know all the facts ...........NO.

Again an argument for an ebuyer.

What would you check for in a complete system test?
Please enlighten us.

alamr yet again you jump the gun, you are correct we don no no the full details, what we do know is what the op stated, £282 to replace the battery, so far now thats what im sticking with.

im waitin for the op to come back and explain why he belives the battery is dead.

when he comes back, and gives the info i have asked for, then we will see whats what.

as for enlighting you to the system check, what would i do? well i cant anserw, because this is a diy forum, i have no knowledge of his panel, i aint a alarm fitter and im certainly not a alarm engernier, but to check my battery? then thats easy, id first give it a visual inspection, read the logs, want to know age of battery. check battery voltage and check voltage from psu.

similar checks to looking for a faulty conponment on a pc, and changing the hard drive, no oxford qualifications, or a 10 year apperntichip at nasa, and not a grade 100 alarm panel.

Thanks for the misspelling.
As I said we have no idea.
There could be an outstanding invoice for all we know.

I asked what would you check for a healthy system to be signed off.
Nothing insulting there.

I am at a loss as the account was shut down again, after the insults and incorrect info last night from others my technical details were 100% spot on. It does seem there is a small team here with an issue.
This is not Yale associated so maybe as they know nothing about the testing on a TS series Menvier this can be left to survive.

Again what would you test for on a commissioning test sequence?

What would you check for in a complete system test?
Please enlighten us.

He's just looking it up on ebay.

troll, mods as you have done on a few occasiions for me, please remove pointless posts rather then lock.
Silly boy.
You still ignore the earlier comments - that because you know nowt so just say the the installers are rogues?

You yourself say you have no info but seem happy enough to slate a company you know nothing about.

you have not posted anything usefull, your trolling.

ill make the point to you again, im going what off the op has said - end of.

any company (going off op, with nothing in writing) charging £282 for a battery change is in my view a rip off over charge, lets see what would happen if some one posted they had been quoted £262+ parts to change a hd in a pc.

you have not posted anything usefull, your trolling.

ill make the point to you again, im going what off the op has said - end of.
Really?
So, tell us all. Is it right for an engineer to just swap a battery.?
Yes or No is all that's required.

if the op has specificaly and only asked for the a battery to be supplied and fitted then yes! - allowing a battery change for a responable exapample of £50 because thats what the op has asked for!

errmm so they tell him he needs a service, they tell he needs that this and the other, that my freind is charging for unnessasary work, possibly fraudulent.

so yes it is right if thats what the op has asked for.

if when then the fitter arrives on site, and its clear the battery is not the fault, the fitter should then tell the op, "mate its not your battery, its going to cost more/ or parts needed, what would you like to do?"

the op at that time would be stuck with the battery and would have to pay that £50 then decide how he would proceed from there, or give the repair the go ahead)

Seems you best stick to what you know.

electrical/reair clearly isn't it.

And i'll repeat my earlier comment, you clearly know jack about business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back