menvier TS690 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
What would you expect the testing to be for a battery change/service?

You still keep avoiding the question.
Seems in his world it is perfectly safe to just wack a battery into a panel and not worry about it as there can't possibly be anything untoward could go wrong.

Same industry but different product. Remember the hotel/gusest house that burnt down in Cornwall a year or 5 back?

One of the first people to be investigated was the auntie daisy service engineer who'd been on site the day before.
Thankfully for him, he didn't wing it and did the job properly.

Seems our new 'expert' wouldn't have been so lucky.

And agreed that Aunty Daisy did it right, our new experts checks would have led to a court case for manslaughter.

As there is a little bit more than checking the voltage.

Sponsored Links
I meant ALL the checks, not your curiosity look.

how would i know i am not a alarm fitter? and what has this got to do with anything? the price of £282 to change a battery is what the op came here with, you and your mate have spun this thread, changed in into something its not - as per usual.

thoses 2 guys in the trade want you guys to be happy to pay £282 to change a battery, im going to charge poeple £262+ parts to change a hd on a pc or laptop, they think that an alarm system is more challaging and much much more harder and difficult then changing a hd in a pc - so the new price for a replacement hard drive in a pc or laptop will now become £262+ parts to change.

how would i know i am not a alarm fitter? and what has this got to do with anything? the price of £282 to change a battery is what the op came here with, you and your mate have spun this thread, changed in into something its not - as per usual.
So, you have no idea, not a scooby, slate the company (without a shred of evidence) and somehow make out it's others who are wrong.

Priceless!!

You really should come with a health warning!!!

your a troll, for the 3rd time the op said £282 to change a battery thats what i go off, it is you that adds the spin, people are not daft they can see who the rip off merchants are.

it has everything to do with it.
The time,parking fees the cost of specific test equipment.
The correct testing of current and voltage outputs. Especially if there are nodes/expanders/Rios.
The insurances, wages, petrol.

As before was is there an outstanding invoice, is it a bad payer.

We do not know the full story and yet you and others try and disprove something you know nothing about by your own admission.

your a troll, for the 3rd time the op said £282 to change a battery thats what i go off, it is you that adds the spin, people are not daft they can see who the rip off merchants are.
And you're fckin dangerous!!!!!

alarm, the op came here saying he was going to be charged £282 to change a battery, a new battery and a hour on site is £262 per hour, no matter how you try to deffend this rip off price.

alarm, the op came here saying he was going to be charged £282 to change a battery, a new battery and a hour on site is £262 per hour, no matter how you try to deffend this rip off price.
Based on the evidence you post up here, i reckon your worth about £20 a day in wages. anything more than that and you're stealing money.

Do you have all the circumstances?

For the last time........................................NO you do not.

So until then wait and see what is actually happening.

But you have no clue about testing and commissioning so please stop making out so. You admitted this earlier here.

lets see in a poll who thinks £282 to change a battery is a a fair price shall we? lets also at the same time see who thinks £262+ parts to change a hard drive in a pc is fair too.

diy forum, but the post trail shows, you have done nothing but defend £282 to change a battery rather then offer any help or advice to the op. with your own agender to keep public for seeing how simple a domestic alarm really is to insdtall and maintain, and the private forums on trade sites where prices are discused in secret because you dont want the public to know how cheap pro gear really is.

And stop comparing a ebay battery to one that a company uses. Has on a float charge and will be allowed a mark up.
We all charge differently for a battery, some include it in the call out. Some as a separate.

As before your not in business are you.

Agreed

When changing a battery i think a service is mandatory to make sure the system is operating properly.

we are taking about price at the minute, also op why do you call them "my alarm company", how old is your system, did they install it? you under any kind of service plan with them, give as many details as you can, if you dont mind. do you own the system out right? and are they the only people that know your engineer code?

why dont you try a experiment, email them and getting it in writing from them on what the cost is to replace a faulty battery, with a break down of costs including vat, and what is included in that price (what are you actually getting?)

id be interested to hear back from you if your willing to give a little more info, and why you belive the battery is at fault, and did you ring them and simply say to them something along the lines of "how much to supply and fit a battery" what was the reply what did they say they would do etc for that £282 heart stopper.

also as a point of reference im going to use the replace a hard drive in a computer example, for the replacing a battery in a alarm panel, both 240v dropped down to 12v (or many different as in a pc) because i belive thats a fair example.

who on here would pay £262+ parts to change a hard drive?

and as for the service when changing the battery (if they do that) a replacement hard drive would needs a copy of windows loading, and alsoo a check etc to make sure the new hardrive worked, in the same sense the engineer giving a panel a service.

i use the above example

1. I refered to them as my alarm company incase they sue me for rubbishing them.

2. Yes I own the system and they installed it 12 years ago. I had them come in 2007 to move the location of the main panel from the side of the larder cuboard to the back of the wall cupboard as i was demolishing the larder. The box was to be moved 1.5 meters if that. They quoted £300 on the phone. When he did it the bill was £600 which included testing and installing the battery that I want to change now. I questioned the bill, he phoned his manager and I ended up paying about £350.

3. I stopped the maintenance agreement as it seemed like too often I was getting invoices through the post.

4.The control pad says BATT FLT and keeps reminding me in the early hours of the morning by way of the internal bells ringing!

5. The £282.80 is broken down into call out charge £169+vat =£202.80. Battery £36+vat= £43.20. The remaining £36.80 is labour.

6. My misses phoned and explained the control panel reads BATT FLT and was given these prices. Interestingly if we maintained the service agreement with them at £112 a year, we would have only been charged £230.16 to change the battery.

7. Lots of companys do the Minvier TS690, but they most probably all have set their own engineer codes. This is how they have me by the you know what!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back