Merkel is being trashed in the elections...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This whole sorry business is going to end badly, her stupid position on mass migration has upset the general population so much so that now we see the meteoric rise of less tolerant parties.

Germany's record on how they treat members of the population they don't see as acceptable is a matter of historical record.

When they start to act as they see fit we'll see a real crisis then.......

Sponsored Links
The sour faced puss really didn't think about her decision did she?
She should be outed - what a plank!

Sponsored Links
You're such a plonker gasbag. This topic was discussed earlier yesterday, but as usual you refused to see it.
Because you refused to see it, you didn't realise your assertion had been dismissed before you'd made it, you plonker:
You should have gone to SpecSavers!:rolleyes:
It points out that the pro-immigration Social Democrat and Green premiers of two states - Rhineland Palatinate and Baden Wuerttemberg - gained votes.
The Tageszeitung agrees. Under the front-page headline "85% stay cool", it points out that the "overwhelming majority" have voted for parties that support Ms Merkel's course.
Her Christian Democrats (CDU) lost votes but remained the strongest party in the poor eastern state of Saxony-Anhalt,
So is this a blow to Mrs Merkel's leadership? Not necessarily. It was also a historic victory for the Greens, who support the chancellor's position on refugees.
Remarkably in those states it was the CDU's left-wing opponents who backed Mrs Merkel's refugee policies most consistently - and tonight reaped the rewards for it. These results are proof that Germany is becoming increasingly polarised between voters who passionately support Mrs Merkel's pro-refugee stance and those angered by it.
So certainly the RWR made some progress, just like Ukip/NF and BNP have made minor progress in UK, but it's not enough to upset the apple cart. The majority of the population are reasonable intelligent people who see through the anti-immigrant rhetoric.
If you choose to read the German articles you'll see that the RWR made a little progress, but not enought o do any damage.
You'll also read that Merkel's popularity is still high and strong in Germany:
Germany's resilience, low unemployment and healthy export success have boosted her popularity at home, where she is widely seen as a safe pair of hands in tough times.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23709337
But, knowing you, you'll refuse point blank to read any views that don't agree with yours.
That's not just prejudice. That's blind bigotry!

One can only hope that an ultra far right group get into power ...That would end the debate on immigration as there would be none at all ...

One can only hope that an ultra far right group get into power ...That would end the debate on immigration as there would be none at all ...
I don't share your hopes but I fear that it is inevitable. As is another war in Europe

Pray tell where ?

He admitted to it on another thread, in gentlemanly fashion too. TBH all of us are hypocrites from time time, it's a human trait, not necessarily deliberate. I think your horse is well and truly dead now and you could treat yourself to a rest (y)

Pray tell where ?

He admitted to it on another thread, in gentlemanly fashion too. TBH all of us are hypocrites from time time, it's a human trait, not necessarily deliberate. I think your horse is well and truly dead now and you could treat yourself to a rest (y)

I'm not aware of the post you're refering to, so I was asking where it was.

Sponsored Links
Back