Merkel to ban migrants from getting benefits

Sponsored Links
She insists on free movement so how are migrants supposed to live if they lose their jobs ??????
The planned law would ban new EU arrivals from claiming money from the 'Hartz IV' system if they do not have a job or have not accrued rights to the payments in a previous job.

The planned law would ban new EU arrivals from claiming money from the 'Hartz IV' system if they do not have a job or have not accrued rights to the payments in a previous job.

What a stupid post.

Sponsored Links
Well the way I see it if some in here are in favour of all this immigration into the U.K they should take a lead from Canada

dip there hands into there pockets & sponsor any said migrant

Dare say Noseall has a spare room in his place & is prepared to cough up & sponsor (pay for) a refugee for a couple of years , even a family of refugees ?:idea:

:)

Well the way I see it if some in here are in favour of all this immigration into the U.K they should take a lead from Canada

Dare say Noseall has a spare room in his place & is prepared to cough up & sponsor (pay for) a refugee for a couple of years , even a family of refugees ?
When have I said I'm in favour of "all this immigration to the UK"? This may take some time..........

She insists on free movement so how are migrants supposed to live if they lose their jobs

It's not about that, it's the parallel of Cameron responding to the rise of UKIP. She's losing to the far right, so this is her response. I'm not even sure if it's even a case of go back home if you lose you're job, or more a case of don't bother coming here in the first place.

Interesting how she refused to let us do the same sort of thing though.

Dare say Noseall has a spare room in his place & is prepared to cough up & sponsor (pay for) a refugee for a couple of years , even a family of refugees ?:idea:

The way I see it some on here are in favour of leaving the EU. Dip their hands in their pockets and pay for the crash of the pound or any other financial shortcomings. I'm sure those that voted out have saved up a load of cash knowing the fan is gonna get well and truly battered.:idea:

The proposal would have a similar impact to one the UK government demanded ahead of the EU referendum.
After months of negotiation, David Cameron was eventually offered an 'emergency brake' on migration which created a seven year window in which new arrivals to Britain from the EU could be denied benefits.
The controversial proposal, which was opposed by several EU states for fear it would undermine EU free movement, was scrapped when Britain voted for Brexit in June.
Germany is allowed to press on with its own reforms to stop EU migrants claiming benefits because the system in the country (Germany) is partly based on claimants having made earlier contributions through taxation.
In Britain, benefits are entitlements which require no cash contribution
- meaning the UK needed a treaty change to pursue similar reforms because EU law means all citizens must be treated the same by benefit systems.
See the difference? Or do the RWR need further explanation?

The Hatrz IV system has always been complex and contributions, means, age, and job prospects tested:
Whether or not a claimant is eligible for Arbeitslosengeld II depends on his or her savings, life insurance and the income of spouse or partner. If these assets are below a threshold level, a claimant can get money from the state. .....
An unemployed person may be required to accept any kind of legal job.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartz_concept

There has always been a requirement for someone, receiving subsistence payments, to accept any kind of job. The unemployment benefits has always been time-limited depending on the age, etc of the recipient.
So it's a totally different system.
New arrivals to Germany do not normally qualify for any unemployment benefit, simply because they will not have made the necessary contributions or have worked the required number of hours within the defined period.
However, some EU nationals may be able to claim benefit.
Subsistence allowance (Arbeitslosengeld II)
This allowance is lower than ordinary unemployment benefit and is payable when the claimant cannot receive full benefit or their period of benefit has come to an end, but they are still fit to work and registered as unemployed.
https://www.angloinfo.com/germany/how-to/page/germany-working-unemployment-unemployment-benefits
Clearly, the system of unemployment benefit is vastly different and not comparable to UK. The subsistence allowance is similar to UK.
However, notice the little passage in the original linked article:
This is the real change! EU migrants not entitled to unemployment benefit would still be entitled to subsistence payments from the state.

Additionally, the Far Right movements have been concerned about non-EU migration, but:
The new laws will not impact on non-European migration ...
It's just the Mail, as usual, misrepresenting the situation, knowing the RWR will read even more misrepresentation into it.

Last edited:
The way I see it some on here are in favour of leaving the EU. Dip their hands in their pockets and pay for the crash of the pound or any other financial shortcomings. I'm sure those that voted out have saved up a load of cash knowing the fan is gonna get well and truly battered.:idea:

I'd bet that many of those voted Leave because they did not want to stay in an EU in its current form, with little likelihood of meaningful reform offered by arrogant and pompous career paper-pushers / trough-snouters like Juncker (who subsequently have been shown to have not had their fingers on the pulse of large numbers of the EU people; see Tusk's address to the EU Parliament about the need to reform the EU, after the Leave vote, and in (panic, knee-jerk?) response to other EU member states making their positions heard.)

Perception is reality; people voted on what they thought was the case. The Remainers should turn their scorn to the politicians who did such a shoite job of getting the "truth" out there, that Leave won.

So you are not in favour of the Canadian refugee / migrant model than ? i.e sponsorship of a migrant/refugee by individual citizens ?

And you will not be dipping your hand in your pocket ? to sponsor a migrant/refugee ?

(Its a rhetorical question):)

Sponsored Links
Back