Microsoft to turn it's back on the UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"It does more than shake our confidence in the future of the opportunity to grow a technology business in Britain than we've ever confronted before."

"There's a clear message here - the European Union is a more attractive place to start a business than the United Kingdom."
He added that "English Channel has never seemed wider" in terms of the contrast between the UK and the EU.

Linky Linky

Sponsored Links
Awww bless. He will rethink those comments when his U.K. public sector sales team remind him just how much he makes from the U.K.

This looks more like anti-competitive acquisition than the U.K. Government being an issue.

"US and EU regulators have yet to decide on whether to approve the deal".
UK got in first, perhaps, in which case his comments only betray tetchiness.
Did he make simultaneous applications in all territories? Did he ask us first because he thought we'd be a soft touch, because we're desperate?
Wait and see.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps Microsoft might just be like the OP - saying it’s turning its back on the U.K. and then actually realising that they can’t?

Linky Linky

Oh, and I’ll remind the OP again about it's other 'Promise'. ;) (Line 3, post #45). Did Brexit stop that from happening?

"It does more than shake our confidence in the future of the opportunity to grow a technology business in Britain than we've ever confronted before."

"There's a clear message here - the European Union is a more attractive place to start a business than the United Kingdom."
He added that "English Channel has never seemed wider" in terms of the contrast between the UK and the EU.

Linky Linky
So you hate big pharma, big business, big tech and our Tory government. But when our government blocks a deal that would have created a virtual microsoft monopoly in the online gaming world (microsoft already have 60-70% of the market), you complain?

Microsoft are just annoyed that their expansion plans have been blocked.

Perhaps Microsoft might just be like the OP - saying it’s turning its back on the U.K. and then actually realising that they can’t?

Linky Linky

Oh, and I’ll remind the OP again about it's other 'Promise'. ;) (Line 3, post #45). Did Brexit stop that from happening?
I see the old alcoholic troll is trying to get yet another thread closed...

All because it's dream of that sunny uplands brexit is falling apart in front of it's cycloptic eye!

So you hate big pharma, big business, big tech and our Tory government. But when our government blocks a deal that would have created a virtual microsoft monopoly in the online gaming world (microsoft already have 60-70% of the market), you complain?

Microsoft are just annoyed that their expansion plans have been blocked.
Did you complain when most of the UK's public assets/industries were sold off to foreign ownership?

Do you bemoan microsoft's massive investments in our so called leading universities?

Yet you seem to support an American company worth over $2T having a monopoly? or rather another monopoly. Its clearly personally embarrassing for Microsoft's top lawyer, but its not really a Brexit factor.

Yet you seem to support an American company worth over $2T having a monopoly? or rather another monopoly. Its clearly personally embarrassing for Microsoft's top lawyer, but its not really a Brexit factor.
Of course it's a brexit factor...

A small country takes on a large company and the company flicks the finger...

The EU on the other hand is prepared to look at different scenarios...

Because the EU lives in the real world as opposed to the one in the UK run by the unicorns!

Did you complain when most of the UK's public assets/industries were sold off to foreign ownership?

Do you bemoan microsoft's massive investments in our so called leading universities?
Neither of those points is related to UK preventing Microsoft from effectively monopolising the online gaming business in the UK and Microsoft's investing in our universities is not benevolent.

and yes, i did complain when we sold some our public assests to foreign ownership.

In what way was the CMA decision impacted by brexit? They are just doing their job.

The Microsoft lawyer is just trying to influence the outcome for the next round. He knows the EU will want to show brexit Britain is a failure so these comments soften them up and make them more likely to say yes.

UK government probably spends $1bn a year with Microsoft

You still here OP? Was a time when you said you were going to do that. Pity you didn't. As for Microsoft that's good news.

I see the old alcoholic troll is trying to get yet another thread closed...
Not at all. It’ll only get closed when you have a scream up about someone quoting you as you undoubtedly will. I want this to stay open so that your shame can be seen by all. I can only think of one person on this forum that doesn’t want to be reminded about past promises. ;)

Say, why are you still in this forum?

Sponsored Links
Back