Middle East here we go again

JohnD wrote

hands up who thinks it would have been a good idea for us to send the RAF to bomb Dublin in reprisal for IRA attacks?

Had NI being backed by the USA and we had our own nuclear arsenal at our disposal then Dublin would probably be history by now. :rolleyes:
Thats wrong of course with the advantage of hindsight and since Irish republicans do not seek the obliteration of the protestant population in the North then I'am happy with a united Ireland and live side by side with my catholic neighbour.
They will never get my land though and this is something that is a thorn in their side and will remain so for many generations.
That's why I support the Jewish people and condone the current Israeli offensive.

Sponsored Links
I'am happy with a united Ireland and live side by side with my catholic neighbour.
What other way would you live with your neighbour? Unless you lived in a thin block of flats I suppose then it would be above or below :D

You claim that the southern irish don't want to obliterate the protestant population, well they did a very good job in the years after partition. In 1921 the protestant population of the Irish Republic was around 26 per cent to-day it is around 4 per cent due to a combination of ethnic cleansing and institutional discrimination.

They also set up a land commission which retrieved land from the Protestant and English landownwers. Probably a bit like what mugabe is doing in SA today.
That said my Grandfather didn't lose his. :D What he did lose though was due to British treachery. Not Irish!
As I said I am happy to live in a united Ireland without any British involvement but I will never surrender my land.
Had an ole neighbour many years ago who used to visit a few of the republican pubs in town. He wouldn't have been very welcome but since his reputation was always seen in a harmless neutral way he usually got away with speaking his mind to the bemusement of his listeners.
Told them they had 3 wars to fight.
1- Rid the North of the British
2- Rid the North of the Protestants
3-And finally the dirtiest war off all which will be amongst yourselves.

Sponsored Links
johnd, hamas was voted in , I.R.A .were not , it is against the law to be a member of the I.R.A, in irish republic
so why would we send in the R>A>F> . the north of ireland, now as then is part of uk. so we would be bombing ourselfs. :confused: [/list]

Hamas were recognised as a terrorist organization before they were voted in by the Muslim Palestinians. as far as Israel are concerned nothing there has changed.

any nation has the right to defend herself against terrorism, even if the terrorists are nationals of the same country.

Hamas were recognised as a terrorist organization before they were voted in by the Muslim Palestinians. as far as Israel are concerned nothing there has changed.

any nation has the right to defend herself against terrorism, even if the terrorists are nationals of the same country.
60 years ago the palestinians had their own country, the terrorists then were the Zionists, they used the same tactics that hamas is using to-day, firstly to drive out the British and then to expel the palestinians. Israel is a state built on terrorism so why shouldn't the Arabs use the same methods to get their country back.

Tosser wrote

so why shouldn't the Arabs use the same methods to get their country back.

And leave the Jewish people without a homeland?
Tha greedy arabs have plenty of land. In fact most of the middle east belongs to them.
Israel is tiny in comparison. :rolleyes:

seen a movie some years ago in black & white had yule brenner and john wyane in it , was about the birth of the isreal , never see it on t,v.now :confused:. :?: anybody know what the name of the movie was . and is it too hot to put on now.

Film was called Cast a Giant Shadow.

To the aptly named Tosser, there is an old expresion " It's better to say nothing and let people think you are a fool, than to speak and confirm it"

I speak not for Israel or palestine and i see the sadness in both cases.

i have (partly) read a book about Mossad and i am under no illusions about the Jewish influence upon the western nations.

terrorism is subjective when observed from each neutral side of the fence.
e.g. the french resistance were terrorists as far as the nazis were concerned but heroes for the french people and the allied forces.

For all the views on which is which as far as terrorism is concerned the pictures shown over the past few days showing children graphically injured tell a story of their own and one that the rest of the world would be guilty of turning a blind eye to unless something was done soon. If some of the things mentioned (by the red cross)can be proven then someone high up should be made to answer to war crimes once this tension passes.

If some of the things mentioned (by the red cross)can be proven then someone high up should be made to answer to war crimes once this tension passes.
But who is going to issue an arrest warrant ,it won't get done by the UN because the US would veto any action against Israel.The Israeli's take no heed of the UN.If has you say the red cross observations are to be believed are what the Israeli's doing in Gaza much different to what was done in the Warsaw ghetto's.I wonder if the palestinians will set up a secret organisation and 20 years from now kidnap and execute those they will hold responsible?

Sponsored Links
Back