Morbid obese people

I dont agree junk food is cheaper

Some basic staples can be really cheap: porridge oats, carrots, bananas, potatoes, tuna.

Of course also cheap are 2 litre bottles of cola, budget burgers, giant bars of chocolate, biscuits..........

Sponsored Links
Some basic staples can be really cheap: porridge oats, carrots, bananas, potatoes, tuna.

Of course also cheap are 2 litre bottles of cola, budget burgers, giant bars of chocolate, biscuits..........

Absolutely porridge is my goto most days for brekkie how cheap is that.

Absolutely porridge is my goto most days for brekkie how cheap is that.

Me too -well granola in summer, porridge in winter.

Porridge oats has loads of soluble fibre -its a super food.

A barman is not allowed to serve a drunk person more drink .....

seriously though, I think morbid obesity is probably down to some sort of mental health issue, some of these people are so big it's went way beyond simple greed or self control. Like most people I have little sympathy for them, but I do think I'm wrong for thinking that way, the're like alcoholics, its taken over their lives. Probably should be pitied if anything.

Sponsored Links
A barman is not allowed to serve a drunk person more drink .....

seriously though, I think morbid obesity is probably down to some sort of mental health issue, some of these people are so big it's went way beyond simple greed or self control. Like most people I have little sympathy for them, but I do think I'm wrong for thinking that way, the're like alcoholics, its taken over their lives. Probably should be pitied if anything.
I don't think you're wrong, am pretty sure there has been some studies where people eating certain foods, tasty food such as takeaways and cakes makes people feel very good - and sugar is now understood to be addictive, something to do with dopamine.

I know when years ago I had a gallbladder issue. I couldn't eat any fats and got bored with the flavourless grub I could have and started eating more sugary, fat-free treats just to have something that wasn't bland for a few months.. I really ended up really craving them that I had to ban sugar for a while, to 'reset' my tastebuds and habits.

I soak mine over night. Softens em up
Soften oats? They're so soft anyway, yours must be like mush!

I soak mine over night. Softens em up
in water or milk ?

my just get a 10 minute soak in milk, then the microwave on lowest setting for 8 minutes - does the job.

I soak mine with a little warm water for a couple of minutes then add some milk before a couple of minutes max on full power in the microwave, stirring regularly. Add a little more milk when finished if they’re too thick and gloopy. Either that or add them 50/50 to some muesli, cold milk then straight down the hatch. That sees me right through till 11.00 when I’m bloody starving!

The fact is it’s easier to put on than take off. 3,300kcal of exercise to burn 1lb of human fat. That is 6 hours of working out fairly hard for the avg man.

I’ve found the best way to stay at the correct weight is to cut food to one small meal a day, twice a week. This allows me the odd Chinese curry or pizza at the weekend.

My porridge recipe:

100ml water
200ml milk
52g oats
About 3 mins in microwave on full (do 2mins, stir and rest then do 1min).

I have blueberries on it

Lol. You are exactly the fodder some ads are aimed at.

But I don't see them, don't hear them - usually. Even those I accidentally watch, my attention of them is so poor, I fail to grasp what they are advertising - so they are wasted on me. Rather they are a perfect opportunity to make a cuppa, nip to the toilet, catch up on email, let the dog out.

Sponsored Links
Back