More deaths in the channel.

Clever cookies the French. They stand up for themselves.

You
Can’t blame the french I suppose they don’t want them in France so it makes economic sense to ship the migrants to the UK

Turn a blind eye to the people smugglers

Assist the boats into UK waters

Scam a few million out of the UK under the pretence of clamping down on the caper

Sponsored Links
French warships would soon turn up if the RNLI taxi'd them back to France.
The Channel, at the point of migrant crossings is very narrow, regards maritime standards. Why would British vessels attempt to dock in France? That would be stupid.

You
Can’t blame the french I suppose they don’t want them in France so it makes economic sense to ship the migrants to the UK

Turn a blind eye to the people smugglers

Assist the boats into UK waters

Scam a few million out of the UK under the pretence of clamping down on the caper
You have them sussed. (y)

Sponsored Links
Just to try and put all this in a bit of context, 6 people died doing something that is not only illegal but obviously very dangerous, (in the past five years 37 migrants have died trying to cross the channel?)

There is 1600 killed on UK roads every year + another 28,000 seriously injured.
In the EU 20,000 are killed and a further 250,000 seriously injured.

So, about 60 people every single day die on the EU & UK roads. It is barely mentioned in the media, one migrant dying in the channel every 50 days is bigger news.

French warships would soon turn up if the RNLI taxi'd them back to France.
As you well know, it's a maritime expectation that rescuing vessels may not have a right to land those rescued at the nearest safe port. But it would be very bad publicity if a safe developed country refused permission to land rescued seafarers.
Also countries cannot prevent the rescue of seafarers in difficulty. So the UK cannot prevent the RLNI from carrying out rescues.

"there is no legal avenue for states to avoid such assistance."

A war with France because some idiot RWR's can't stand the fact that the UK is expected to take thousands less migrants than the rest of Europe?

Not me boyo.

So sending a warship is not an option than noseall :ROFLMAO:

Just to try and put all this in a bit of context, 6 people died doing something that is not only illegal but obviously very dangerous, (in the past five years 37 migrants have died trying to cross the channel?)

There is 1600 killed on UK roads every year + another 28,000 seriously injured.
In the EU 20,000 are killed and a further 250,000 seriously injured.

So, about 60 people every single day die on the EU & UK roads. It is barely mentioned in the media, one migrant dying in the channel every 50 days is bigger news.
It's not (for the umpteenth time) illegal to seek asylum.
Seeking asylum is invariably dangerous. Propbably the most dangerous part is escaping the country of origin.

There is no other option. If they want to come here, rightly or wrongly, they have to do it by boat. We force them to do it.

Well I suppose it’s difficult to get to an island unless you come by boat ?

Sponsored Links
Back