More deaths in the channel.

The currency is irrelevant.

Capital costs money if you want to look at yesterday costs tomorrow you have to account for the cost. If you want to see what would have happened had you stuck with a plan 4 years ago you can use your known discount rate and reverse it.

But you know this because you are an expert in finance, just like camerada is expert on vessel certification.

Oh wait… back to…did you ever go to school?

Sponsored Links
You don't have to take part, it's what the threads about.

Start a thread about it.
And I am merely adding some context, you have clearly been immersing yourself in left wing drivel and appear to becoming more and more brainwashed by it, you need to start thinking for yourself

Put things into context and work out for yourself what is more important. 4 people are killed and a further 100 are seriously injured on our roads everyday doing something that should be entirely safe. But because you are so easily led by a looney left agenda , you appear to be considerably more concerned about a rare event where 4 people die doing some incredibly dangerous, stupid and illegal.

Seriously, you could not of chosen a more fitting name and avatar

Sponsored Links
The sums are pretty simple. Do you need help.

200m spent running the service. 25% of lives saved are the taxi service. Are you able to add up? You claim the costs are fixed but they aren’t.

I never claimed the £40m overspend was down to the taxi service. I said they have a £37m shortfall and I can see a way to fix it without impacting the essential services to inland and coastal waters.
1 what taxi service. The rnli doesn't recognise that description.
2 they don't discriminate. They raise money so they can spend it on life saving at sea and river
3 I'm sure they don't need advice from a solicitors clerk/accountant on how to sort there finances. Other rnli sections make quite healthy profits. I'm sure there is a reason why they split themselves up like that. Their accountants will be aware of their overall health.
4. If they want to save money they might consider closing their busiest stations, but that does defeat there reason of existing.

5. The better option that worries you would be a Government that got to grips with immigration of all sorts.

But let's blame the rnli.

about a rare event where 4 people die doing some incredibly dangerous, stupid and illegal.
Where is your cut off point? How many deaths are too small to matter?

Do you not think we should stop all unnecessary death where possible?

The thread is about deaths in the channel. Why do you want to censor things?

a looney left agenda
Life is precious. If that's a loony left agenda then so be it.

Last edited:
Yep RNLI are doing so well that they needed a new CEO.

I think this guy has the right background.

It’s almost as if some of us knew..

Are you asking about structural problems or how to fill the £37m gap without reducing services?

Leadership/structural

- People. They have too many allegations of sexism bullying and unfair termination.
- culture. You have to remember that they are mostly staffed with those who work in the industry “fishermen” ex navy etc - it’s not a diverse pool of talent and that is causing problems
- they have been investigated for this and it’s probably time for a new ceo - he doesn’t seem to be able to bring his team together

Financial
- they are spending too much on 3rd party fund raisers. This is taking too much off the income stream.
- marketing, PR and advertising. Costs are too high due to some of the gaffs of the ceo and their handling of the above.

Last edited:
What a swerve from your original claims.

I noted this bit from your link too....

He has tackled criticism head-on, reaffirming the RNLI’s vision to save every one. This has not been without risk, but he has unashamedly stayed true to the RNLI’s purpose throughout, generating amazing support, income, sector-wide recognition, and new heights of brand awareness.

Yep. “ Good job.” But good bye. They were hardly going to be critical- though there was a hint.

No doubt the board “had every confidence in him” right up until they gave him the boot.

It’s usual to say “xxx has decided to …” when it was a choice.

Yep. “ Good job.” But good bye. They were hardly going to be critical- though there was a hint.

No doubt the board “had every confidence in him” right up until they gave him the boot.

It’s usual to say “xxx has decided to …” when it was a choice.
Not sure who you are replying to.

But its good to see the new guy wants to save everyone, big boat or little

All them fruit cakes that are piling into un sea worthy over loaded boats are taking the risk

How ever all those parents ? Guardians ? who are bringing infants and children across in the same boats should be arrested and charged with negligence / endangering life ect ect

Do you think they'd give a sh!t about "charges"? :rolleyes:
Dunno / probably not

But they would have criminal Record and any asylum claim instantly dismissed or they would agree to go to Rwanda with a clean slate

Sorted :cool:

( Transam thinks out side the box:cool:)

Yep RNLI are doing so well that they needed a new CEO.

I think this guy has the right background.

It’s almost as if some of us knew..
Give up your hatred MBK, RNLI is doing great. Oh, and they thank you and forrige for the publicity. Donations always spike when you gammons have a moan about foreigners being saved at sea or threaten to withdraw your 50p per year donations. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back