More immigration, should please sone

If you want growth in an economy that boasts of near 100% employment of working age adults, then it can only be achieved with immigration.

5.3 million working age adults in Britain are drawing out-of-work state benefit payments.

Sponsored Links
from what I can make out it means immigrants from other countries rather than Europe.

I've read several news articles on this now and I still can't find any reference to excluding European nationals. Where are you getting this information from?

Businesses have been asking for more visas for skilled workers to plug gaps in the UK workforce.
…while they invest in training UK workers? Not a f'king chance! If it’s cheap, UK firms will use them. Gone are the days when a company would spend 4 years training an apprentice. Maybe if they can’t lay their hands on an unlimited supply of cheap skilled workers they might decide to grow their own.

Sponsored Links
We had that, it was called being in The EU.

…while they invest in training UK workers? Not a f'king chance! If it’s cheap, UK firms will use them. Gone are the days when a company would spend 4 years training an apprentice. Maybe if they can’t lay their hands on an unlimited supply of cheap skilled workers they might decide to grow their own.
Dont tell me, tell Kwarteng

Although one has to say that if those who are supposedly doing the 'training' boast of enjoying holidays at taxpayers' expense, then maybe the incentive to work hard isn't there anymore?

What sort of example is being set by such practices do you suppose?

5.3 million working age adults in Britain are drawing out-of-work state benefit payments.
That is wrong Andy

you are quoting people claiming universal credit.

that can include people working, carers allowance, disability allowance etc.

1.9m claim unemployment benefit

We had that, it was called being in The EU.
Yep...

But brexiteers don't give a sh*t about the mess they've left the UK in from their xenophobic stupidity...

Thankfully many of them are now 1.8288 metres under, so a reversal won't be long in coming!

Why would the UK be any different?

Germany has the whole EU to look to for recruitment, with very little red tape required.
UK has the ..............erm ....... the rest of the world for immigration. Except that the UK is making itself very anti-immigrant with its policies.

Why would the UK be any different?

Germany has the whole EU to look to for recruitment.
UK has the ..............erm ....... the rest of the world for immigration. Except that the UK is making itself very anti-immigrant with its policies.
As I see it, it means less available from Europe to fill the vacancies here.

These jobs that people talk about, in a lot of cases are non jobs in reality.
Town Halls, hospitals etc are full of people involved with box ticking health and safety protocols, diversity etc etc.
There's a whole industry of box tickers that could be halved at a stroke if it wasn't for the ambulance chasers, the legal departments growing fat on the stupidity we've placed ourselves in.

That is wrong Andy
Number of claimants
State Pension
Universal Credit
Housing Benefit
Personal Independence Payment *
Employment and Support Allowance
Attendance Allowance
Pension Credit
Carer’s Allowance
Disability Living Allowance *
Income Support