More immigration, should please sone

That is wrong Andy

you are quoting people claiming universal credit.

that can include people working, carers allowance, disability allowance etc.

1.9m claim unemployment benefit

You know very well that much unemployment is hidden in the other state benefits; also if you look back through my posts I estimate that only 1 in 500 invalidity claimants is genuine. Whichever way you look at it, there is a massive amount of people being paid not to work. If that amount is greater than the situations vacant the government, with its own millions of employees, must be getting something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Andy. That link says 1 in 500 that are fiddling it are getting caught and prosecuted, not 1 in 500 claimants are genuine. :unsure:
True, I misquoted myself! Still, there is a shocking amount of benefit fraud. The government will do nothing about it, no matter how bad a state public finances get to. State handouts are the only part of public spending guaranteed never to be abandoned in favour of something else.

It all started with this...

1664255966651.png

The WEF is not proof of globalists.

Do you think that there are people on this planet who would term themselves globalists? Do these people believe the world should be interconnected and nation states should be abandoned, or are there no people on the planet that think like that?

I see Melonis win in Italy has ruffled the feathers of the globalists, not surprised given the platform she put to the electorate.
Care to explain how Meloni's policies will affect globalisation?
Here's one of her latest speeches, see if you can pick out anything in there that will "ruffles the feathers of the 'globalists'":
Earlier this year she outlined her priorities in a raucous speech to Spain's far-right Vox party: "Yes to the natural family, no to the LGBT lobby, yes to sexual identity, no to gender ideology... no to Islamist violence, yes to secure borders, no to mass migration... no to big international finance... no to the bureaucrats of Brussels!"

Her main policies are anti-immigration, anti-LBGT, anti-transgender, etc.
How do theses issues affect globalisation?

Or could you not comment?

On another issue:
Her first comment after winning was,
However, speaking after the vote, Ms Meloni said her Brothers of Italy party would "govern for everyone"
except for immigrants, Gays, transgenders, etc.
So her first speech she utters is discordant with her stated policies prior to the election.
Let's assume that about 5% of the population admit to being gay or transsexual, and about 10% are immigrants, that'll be about 9,000,000 Italians that she has set her policies against.

Last edited:
This is the most significant aspect that the link states

This is how it is with international trade: production goes to wherever it is most efficient to produce. So, when people in any country are exposed to this kind of competition, some win and some lose.

It misses a point though. These countries economies grow due to manufacture. That just continues into more and more areas. Take S Korea for instance once a place for cheap clothes manufacture. Now cars, tyres and all sorts. Taiwan is similar but in a different way. A smaller product range but semiconductor production cropped up and has expanded ever since One of the things that started them up was super cheap not that high quality machine tools mostly for hobbyists. That needs a world market to be of any use. Only high end now. China was similar but still will produce the crap or as good as needed. The crap now is largely better but costs more. Japan has been through this and has established markets. They have moved on. There products may state made in China. Cheaper than making in Japan. Stuff actually made their has a premium. Cars - they have plants in several countries. A little different but with high levels of automation.

I love the way he introduces another evolution. I suppose it's good as it will encourage makers to think about what else they could do with their processes. Changes usually result in less people being needed.

The evolution of transistor radios etc is a different sort of area. Initially it needed lots of people to hand solder so the work went east. Over time components changed to allow pick and place machines and wave soldering to function. That was probably done in the west to compete. The hand solderers upgrade and do the same thing. The west decides to have stuff made their anyway as costs differ. Supply chains come into it as well. They tend to go as manufacturing levels decline and expand to cope when it grows.

LOL Were might clothes be made now. Parts of Africa, India and others. India well it has Tata. There will probably be other similar companies over time. There will be others now.

Some posts have been removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back