Most Tory members would choose no deal (wrecking the economy) over May's Brexit plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They voted for disaster capitalism and we all will pay dearly for it. The architects of this disaster will not be closing the borders or cutting immigration -the architects are ardent free market extremists who will ride on the back of the current hysteria if it furthers their own aims.

The Singapore Model that gets trumpeted by the Brexiteers is comparing a moped to a truck - the economic model used in Singapore cannot apply to the UK -

Have a look at the data.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sn.html

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html

Sponsored Links
This is exactly what these free market extremists will want post Brexit and people need to understand what they are voting for.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-fights-for-lower-insulin-prices-after-sons-tragic-death/

Not being able to afford Insulin because its price has tripled is not a tragedy.

Her son, Alec, was a Type 1 diabetic – someone who needs to take insulin every day to survive. But turning 26 meant his parents' insurance would no longer cover the cost, shooting his monthly cost for insulin and supplies up to $1,300 per month, according to his mom.

"My son died because he could not afford his insulin," she said.

What she said Alec didn't tell her was that he was struggling with that cost. He'd started trying to ration his insulin to make it last longer. It wasn't enough. He died after falling into a diabetic coma alone in his apartment.

"Nobody to be there with him, to hold his hand or to call for help … and then I think about if he had never moved out, if he had lived at home, somebody would've, you know, seen the signs," Smith-Holt said. "And I'll probably feel guilty every day for the rest of my life."

This is exactly what these free market extremists will want post Brexit and people need to understand what they are voting for.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-fights-for-lower-insulin-prices-after-sons-tragic-death/

Not being able to afford Insulin because its price has tripled is not a tragedy.

Her son, Alec, was a Type 1 diabetic – someone who needs to take insulin every day to survive. But turning 26 meant his parents' insurance would no longer cover the cost, shooting his monthly cost for insulin and supplies up to $1,300 per month, according to his mom.

"My son died because he could not afford his insulin," she said.

What she said Alec didn't tell her was that he was struggling with that cost. He'd started trying to ration his insulin to make it last longer. It wasn't enough. He died after falling into a diabetic coma alone in his apartment.

"Nobody to be there with him, to hold his hand or to call for help … and then I think about if he had never moved out, if he had lived at home, somebody would've, you know, seen the signs," Smith-Holt said. "And I'll probably feel guilty every day for the rest of my life."
Winners and losers in any economic set up...Get over yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
They voted for disaster capitalism and we all will pay dearly for it. The architects of this disaster will not be closing the borders or cutting immigration -the architects are ardent free market extremists who will ride on the back of the current hysteria if it furthers their own aims.

The Singapore Model that gets trumpeted by the Brexiteers is comparing a moped to a truck - the economic model used in Singapore cannot apply to the UK -

Have a look at the data.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sn.html

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html
The CIA,!,, Ffs,,,

The Factbook is full of usually minor errors, inaccuracies, and out-of-date information, which are often repeated elsewhere due to the Factbook's widespread use as a reference.[citation needed][dubiousdiscuss] For example, Albania was until recently, described in the Factbook as 70% Muslim, 20% Eastern Orthodox, and 10% Roman Catholic, which was based on a survey conducted in 1939, before World War II; numerous surveys conducted since the fall of the Communist regime since 1990 have given quite different figures.[citation needed] Another example is Singapore, which the Factbook states has a total fertility rate of 0.78 children per woman, despite figures in Statistics Singapore which state that the rate has been about 1.2–1.3 children per woman for at least the past several years, and it is unclear when, or even whether, it ever dropped as low as 0.78.[64] This low and inaccurate value then gets cited in news articles which state that Singapore has the world's lowest fertility, or at least use the figure for its shock value.[65][66] Another serious problem is that the Factbook never cites its sources, making verification of the information it presents difficult if not impossible.[citation needed]

In June 2009, National Public Radio (NPR), relying on information obtained from the CIA World Factbook, put the number of Israeli Jews living in settlements in the West Bank and Israeli-annexed East Jerusalem at 250,000. However, a better estimate, based on State Department and Israeli sources put the figure at about 500,000. NPR then issued a correction. Chuck Holmes, foreign editor for NPR Digital, said, "I'm surprised and displeased, and it makes me wonder what other information is out-of-date or incorrect in the CIA World Factbook."[67]....

The Factbook is full of usually minor errors, inaccuracies, and out-of-date information, which are often repeated elsewhere due to the Factbook's widespread use as a reference.[citation needed][dubiousdiscuss] For example, Albania was until recently, described in the Factbook as 70% Muslim, 20% Eastern Orthodox, and 10% Roman Catholic, which was based on a survey conducted in 1939, before World War II; numerous surveys conducted since the fall of the Communist regime since 1990 have given quite different figures.[citation needed] Another example is Singapore, which the Factbook states has a total fertility rate of 0.78 children per woman, despite figures in Statistics Singapore which state that the rate has been about 1.2–1.3 children per woman for at least the past several years, and it is unclear when, or even whether, it ever dropped as low as 0.78.[64] This low and inaccurate value then gets cited in news articles which state that Singapore has the world's lowest fertility, or at least use the figure for its shock value.[65][66] Another serious problem is that the Factbook never cites its sources, making verification of the information it presents difficult if not impossible.[citation needed]

In June 2009, National Public Radio (NPR), relying on information obtained from the CIA World Factbook, put the number of Israeli Jews living in settlements in the West Bank and Israeli-annexed East Jerusalem at 250,000. However, a better estimate, based on State Department and Israeli sources put the figure at about 500,000. NPR then issued a correction. Chuck Holmes, foreign editor for NPR Digital, said, "I'm surprised and displeased, and it makes me wonder what other information is out-of-date or incorrect in the CIA World Factbook."[67]....
Apparently about as reliable as the bible as reference material.!!..Never cites its sources,,oh dear!Fundamental error.Sir Galahad,,crashed and burned,,,AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back