Multi culturism... what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you're at it, consider the quality, content, and logic of your comments.
Another post applies to yourself.

So if I question the data or statistics given equals me to 'prefer mythology and bigotry'. Data and statistics can both be corrupt, this is not new.
You really do not think before you speak, instead you like to presume my thoughts and label me again.

Talking of which, is today an Islamophobic, a racist or a closest racist? You seem to change your thoughts on this so thought I'd ask. Or is today just a bigot? I don't suppose it really matters, you make it all up anyway without any proof.

Sponsored Links
So if I question the data or statistics given equals me to 'prefer mythology and bigotry'.
But you don't question data and statistics, you dismiss it out-of-hand:
Agree. A bit like statistics. Not worth the paper it's written on.
Similarly, you don't question the misrepresented news articles, the urban mythology, the racist propaganda, you accept it without question.

So if I question the data or statistics given equals me to 'prefer mythology and bigotry'.
Similarly, you don't question the misrepresented news articles, the urban mythology, the racist propaganda, you accept it without question.

Did you question yours?
Data is data and represents the real world..
Did you accept it without questioning?

And again, please do not second guess my thoughts. You again are being too ready to tell me what I am thinking. If my post in not so clear, either ask about it or shut up.

If my post in not so clear, .........ask about it

Did you question yours?
My what?

Accept what?

Sponsored Links
I have no way of knowing what gender the members of this forum espouse.

Do you?

I'm also very concerned about the huge number of Surrey men who, instead of being locked up as they should be, are roaming the streets and infest this forum with their medieval attitudes and violent temperaments.

probably moved into Surrey from Perth (may be ?) :LOL:

Did you question yours?
My what?

Accept what?

You accepted the data without questioning and quoted them as a fact to Sooey. I asked if you questioned the data before you said it was a representation of the real world (a fact). Did you do your own research? Wiki is not 100%, you know this.

Data on this kind of subject can be changed by corruption, greed, propaganda as well as not being gathered correctly. For example, can we trust a government to tell us how many people here are immigrants or foreign nationals? Do they even know themselves 100%? I hope we can but this topic is very political, has been for a fair few years now so I do not trust it 100% as a cold hard fact.
Same goes for the amount of foreign folk in prisons - who gives us this figure, who releases the statement to the press and do they or the press have an agenda? This is what I mean by questioning data.

My problem with surveys is that there are too many variables. Surveys, unless it has been carried out by every single person is not data or truth. They are a guide at best and even then that's only if they asked a true variation of people and the questions not been written in a way to lead people's answers.

Did you question yours?
My what?

Accept what?

You accepted the data without questioning and quoted them as a fact to Sooey. I asked if you questioned the data before you said it was a representation of the real world (a fact). Did you do your own research? Wiki is not 100%, you know this.
Are you going to accuse me of changing the data in Wikipedia again? :rolleyes:

When I ask someone for measurements, say of their room, which I've seen a couple of times, and I'd guess 3 to 4 metres wide by say 5-6 metres long, and they tell me it's 3.6 feet by 5.2 feet, alarm bells start ringing.
But if they tell me it's 3,6 metres by 5.2 metres, I feel comfortable with their measurements.
Similarly, if I consult wikipedia for some data and it provides data which appears to reconcile with the same data from other sources, which I've previously been aware of, I'm comfortable with it.

So your assumption that I accepted the data without question is fallacious. I always have an idea in my mind of what the data should look like. if it fits, that's OK. If it doesn't alarm bells ring.

Data on this kind of subject can be changed by corruption, greed, propaganda as well as not being gathered correctly. For example, can we trust a government to tell us how many people here are immigrants or foreign nationals? Do they even know themselves 100%? I hope we can but this topic is very political, has been for a fair few years now so I do not trust it 100% as a cold hard fact.
Same goes for the amount of foreign folk in prisons - who gives us this figure, who releases the statement to the press and do they or the press have an agenda? This is what I mean by questioning data.
OMG, it's the conspiracy theories again. :rolleyes:

My problem with surveys is that there are too many variables. Surveys, unless it has been carried out by every single person is not data or truth. They are a guide at best
This isn't a survey of people's attitudes. It was data from a census!

No doubt in your conspiracy invaded world, the question "what ethnicity would you describe yourself as" is a leading question.

Did you question yours?
My what?

Accept what?

Are you going to accuse me of changing the data in Wikipedia again? :rolleyes:

When I ask someone for measurements, say of their room, which I've seen a couple of times, and I'd guess 3 to 4 metres wide by say 5-6 metres long, and they tell me it's 3.6 feet by 5.2 feet, alarm bells start ringing.
But if they tell me it's 3,6 metres by 5.2 metres, I feel comfortable with their measurements.
Similarly, if I consult wikipedia for some data and it provides data which appears to reconcile with the same data from other sources, which I've previously been aware of, I'm comfortable with it.

So your assumption that I accepted the data without question is fallacious. I always have an idea in my mind of what the data should look like. if it fits, that's OK. If it doesn't alarm bells ring.

OMG, it's the conspiracy theories again. :rolleyes:

My problem with surveys is that there are too many variables. Surveys, unless it has been carried out by every single person is not data or truth. They are a guide at best
This isn't a survey of people's attitudes. It was data from a census!

No doubt in your conspiracy invaded world, the question "what ethnicity would you describe yourself as" is a leading question.

Ok, I tried. Sorry you're so dumb Himmy. Too interested to try and point score than take anything on board. Amusingly.

Ok, I tried.
Blightymam's way of saying "I tried a logical argument but I failed."

Sorry you're so dumb Himmy.
Blightymam's way of saying "I'm angry 'cos I couldn't argue logically so I'll resort to insults and abuse instead. That should work."

Too interested to try and point score than take anything on board. Amusingly.
Blightymam's way of saying "I lost sight of the argument, so I'll make a different irrelevant comment instead."

Not at all. It's just you being dumb and naive.

Go google corruption in this world Himmy. You'll see it's not a theory.

Conspiracy theory is a theory:
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory or speculative hypothesis suggesting that two or more persons, or an organization, have conspired to cause or cover up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an event or situation typically regarded as illegal or harmful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

BTW, this article was last updated 31 July, before you accuse me of tampering with it.
You and your conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

Conspiracy theory is a theory:
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory or speculative hypothesis suggesting that two or more persons, or an organization, have conspired to cause or cover up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an event or situation typically regarded as illegal or harmful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

BTW, this article was last updated 31 July, before you accuse me of tampering with it.
You and your conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:
Never said it was a conspiracy theory, you did.
Yeah, the world, it's government and it's press are sooooooo truthful! That's why we have official bodies out there to keep an eye on corruption.
Naive Himmy.
To question is good, always. To accept like a sheep like you do is never good.

To question is good, always.
Is something which you preach, but do not practise.
A bit like stating you dislike racism, but I see no indication that you object to it. In fact, I see every indication that you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back