Muslims Like Us

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone watch 'Muslims Like Us' on the BBC? I found it... interesting. Anyone else care to comment?

Sponsored Links
I did not see the programme but notice in the picture (on the Sky guide) associated with the programme the muslims do indeed seem to be like us. There's a surprise.

upload_2016-12-14_15-14-26.png

Are they going to have a follow-up programme about muslims who are not like us?

yeah they look like us... but the ultimate impression I got was that they're a lot more... how can I put this?... humourless and shouty.

(Edited for brevity!)

Last edited:
The two blacks look nothing like us and the ones with head gear look alien also.
Certainly would in my neighbourhood.
If they swore allegiance to Queen and country I'd be more willing to accept them.
Overall they look like the " I know my rights" sort.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yeah they look like us... but the ultimate impression I got was that they're a lot more... how can I put this?... humourless and shouty.
Actually, thinking about the title -

What does "Muslims like us" mean?
Some muslims don't like us.

Episode 2? - "Christians like them".

Some muslims don't like us.
When the views expressed such as in the post below , seems sensible to me.

The two blacks look nothing like us and the ones with head gear look alien also.
Certainly would in my neighbourhood.
If they swore allegiance to Queen and country I'd be more willing to accept them.
Overall they look like the " I know my rights" sort.

Saw 5 minutes, someone was arguing, someone was crying, thought it might be another version of "get me out of here", bunch of prats like any other " reality " program.

I did not see the programme

I guessed that. I'm surprised the Beeb put this out. It could have been a "Nick Griffin" production TBH.
One lady was a Shia. Lovely person, totally what Islam needs to promote itself. If the religion was like her the world would be a better place. One of the others had her in tears. He suggested that because they have a slightly different slant on Alla and his buddies it's OK for his lot to kill their lot.
It kind of explained to me why Islamic countries are so fooked up. There isn't "Islam" per say. There are many "Islams" and they mainly hate each other.
Clearly the most fooked up of any religion.
Watch it on download EFL. It explains much of the worlds problems and why so many are in fear of Islam.

Yes, will do although not keen on reality programmes for the reason foxhole said.

Not so much 'reality' but 'another load of dickheads' usually.

this was discussed on Radio 4 a few days ago & some of the participants were speaking about the show

apparently there is some isis supporter amongst them who has had his passport confiscated so he cannot go to Syria ??

He wanted the woman to be segregated from the blokes. nothing new there then ?????:)

some of them ladies look fit :sneaky: blimey if they played there cards right I may convert :)

still the way I see it that's there loss :)

Last edited:
I think it was the first episode of 10, but I'm not sure if they're trying to show the diversity of Islam, or just make another reality style program for entertainment.

The Isis supporter seemed the most bigoted of the lot, as expected really, and even accused another Muslim of being an unbeliever, and tried to indoctrinate everyone, and then the general public afterwards. Funny how the other house mates rejected him, and then the public did as well.

There's good and bad in all walks of life. It just takes the extremists to spoil things.

I don't believe in god or jesus or whatever so called deity. Personally I think it's all hokus pokus. I agree with Stephen Hawking when he said that religion is mankinds way of explaining why we are here. Whatever belief system someone chooses to get involved in is up to them. I do agree with the aims of a democratic society which allows us to choose.

I like holidaying in Turkey. Muslim nation. Fantastic people.

Remember Sarah Palin the Republican candidate in the US elections a few years ago? Ultra-orthodox christian. If she'd been elected she would have had the nukes flying in no time. A real head banger.

Sponsored Links
Back